18 ~ Firecracker

A few weeks passed and now it was mere days till the first task. Isabelle has been working on her self control and has improved well. With help from the others, she's managed to control her turns only to whenever she wished. The three schools had allowed their students to go to Hogsmeade the Saturday before the tournament to destress. The Beauxbatons were finally allowed out of their blue uniform to go to Hogsmeade and Isabelle was loving it.

The girl had dressed in dark blue jeans and a warm hoodie. She woke early to take a walk around the grounds before they left. She set off in the direction of the lake but found her path soon blocked by a tall boy. "Hey Firecracker." Cedric smirked as he walked by her side. Isabelle turned to look at him in confusion, "What?" She asked puzzled as she took a seat beside the beech tree. Cedric sat beside her and grinned, "Firecracker, you almost blew up when you yelled at me. So you're now a firecracker." He chuckled picking a piece of grass and fiddling with it. Isabelle nodded, a bewildered look still on her face. "And why are you talking to me?" 

"Why not? I've heard you're insanely smart, you're clearly very beautiful and I like how you weren't afraid to yell at me." Isabelle nodded and smiled slightly. Cedric grinned and placed a flower in her hair, "Thanks I guess." She said playing with a fallen leaf from the tree. "Are you going to be rooting for me on Tuesday?" Cedric smirked as he shuffled closer towards Isabelle. She sent him a disgusted look and rolled her eyes. "Don't even try it. I can hear what you're thinking and I don't date arrogant guys who wear those badges and are an absolute di-"

"Are you ready to go, Belle?" Alex's voice rose from the carriage. Isabelle stood from the floor and dropped the flower onto Cedric's lap, "So, I'm going to Hogsmeade. Don't even try to talk to me until you stop wearing those ridiculous badges." She turned on her heel and stormed off towards her friends. Cedric stayed sat down and smiled as he watched Isabelle and the others begin their journey down to Hogsmeade. 

"I want to go to Zonkos!" Alex called as he peered through the window of a large purple shop. An array of jokes and pranks were displayed in the window, including exploding quills and dung bombs. Isabelle ran after him and looked in, shelves upon shelves of various products drew her eyes to different areas of the shop. Clementine and Max caught up with them as they wandered inside.

After buying Dung bombs, Hiccough Sweets, Frog Spawn Soap and Sugar Quills, the group decided to split up so they could go to their preferred shops. Clementine decided to go to Gladrags Wizard-wear, Alex Honeydukes to buy sweets to eat during the tournament and Max went to Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop to restock his supply of quills and ink. Isabelle decided to have a walk around and agreed to meet at The Three Broomsticks when everyone had finished. 

"Hello again, Firecracker." A familiar voice rose behind Isabelle as she peered over a fence to see the Shrieking Shack in the distance. "Cedric, what do you want now?" Isabelle groaned as she turned to see the boy standing at the top of the small hill looking down at her. "How about a butterbeer with you?" He asked raising an eyebrow, walking closer to the girl. 
"Absolutely not." Isabelle scorned snapping her head round to face the boy. "Why not? What have I done now? I've gotten rid of my badge, I've even asked the others to take theirs off, but they won't listen to me."

"I'm not going to go anywhere with you. Cedric, I don't like you." Cedric sighed and rolled his eyes as he followed after Isabelle, who was now storming back towards the crowded streets of Hogsmeade. "One butterbeer, just one and I won't bother you anymore?" Cedric offered, Isabelle stopped and turned back to him. He smiled wishfully at her, with pleading eyes. The girl groaned and nodded, "One butterbeer and you better drink it fast." Cedric grinned widely and rushed to her side, leading her towards the Three Broomsticks. 

They found a small table in the corner of the very crowded pub and ordered two butterbeers. "So, why did you want to talk to me so badly?" Isabelle asked as she took a sip of the warm drink. Cedric smiled and shrugged his shoulder, "I don't know, you just seemed amusing. When you yelled at me, I guess I just found you rather interesting. I can't deny the fact that you're also extremely pretty too." Isabelle rolled her eyes and gigged quietly.