28 ~ Second Task

Isabelle woke early the following day to see Clementine still asleep, she decided to wander around the grounds before the second task. Isabelle spotted Dobby nervously hiding behind one of the suits of armour. "Dobby! Have you gave Harry the Gillyweed?" She said excitedly, Dobby shook his head and held up the green plant. Isabelles heart sank as she stared down at it. "Why not? Dobby, what are you doing?" The house elf jumped back at the sudden rise of her voice. Isabelle sent him and apologetic look, "Look, they've taken the Weasley boy. Tell this to Harry and give him the bloody Gillyweed. Quick, Dobby! The task will be starting soon." The house elf stood straighter and puffed his chest proudly. He nodded and began marching down the corridor, "Dobby, can do this." Isabelle rolled her eyes and began making her way down to the lake to get a good view. 

"Isabelle, come on. Fleurs letting us stand on the first block reserved for friends, judges and professors." Clementine called as Isabelle came into sight. She rushed her pace and neared Clementine when she spotted someone out of the corner of her eye. Isabelle stopped and turned to see them, "Max!" She said excitedly as he pulled her into a hug. Isabelle returned the gesture and pressed a kiss to his cheeks. "I'm so sorry that you can come. I'll make sure to give you all the details." Max chuckled and shook his head. He pushed a piece of her flaming hair out of her face and grinned, "Don't worry, Belle. Have fun and keep Harry safe." Isabelle nodded and smiled as they rested their foreheads onto one another. Slowly, Max leant in till his lips were touching Isabelles. After a few moments, they pulled away and smiled at each other. "You better go or you'll miss the start." Isabelle nodded and stumbled backwards towards the lake. Max chuckled and waved before the girl bolted to the stands.

"I saw that." Clementine smirked as Isabelle finally reached the stands. Belle rolled her eyes and ignored the comment as she stood behind Fleur. The four champions were stood along the edge of the platform looking into the water, Isabelle could hear each of their minds whirling with wonders of what could be in the lake. She could see the Gillyweed sticking out of Harrys hand and breathed a sigh of relief. "What are each of them going to do?" Alex whispered in her ear as the judges began to settle for the hour long challenge. Isabelle studied the champions in turn, "Harrys using Gillyweed, Fleur and Cedric are using the bubblehead charm and Krums doing some sort of transfiguration." Alex nodded and rested an arm around her shoulders. 

"Calm down, I can hear your heart from here. You helped him with the Gillyweed, he'll be able to handle it." Isabelle nodded and sent him a weak smile. Suddenly, the whistle sounded and all four champions dived in. Isabelle, Clementine, Alex, Aiméé and Vivienne instantly dived towards the edge and stared into the water. The murky surfaced prevented them from seeing anything. "Can you hear anything?" Vivienne whispered turning to Isabelle, the girl nodded as she focused. The water clouded the sound slightly, making it harder to hear but Isabelle could just make out the voices. "Fleurs in the North side, she's being chased by grindylows. Harry and Cedric are swimming calmly. Krums pretty much Krum, blazing through anything he can." After about twenty minutes Isabelle could hear Fleurs panic and she attempted to shoot sparks out of the water. Isabelle jumped up, leaving the others confused as she stormed over to Dumbledore, she lowered her voice so no one else could hear. "She wants out, there's grindylows attacking her. She shot sparks but they didn't rise to the surface." Dumbledore nodded and turned to the other judges. Isabelle rushed back to where the others were stood and grabbed various towels. 

"Fleurs getting out." She muttered, immediately Aiméé grabbed a towel too and handed another to Vivienne. Soon, Fleur was plucked from the water and gently placed onto the platform. Isabelle and the others began wrapping towels around the shiver girl. "Please, Isabelle. Who is down there?" Isabelle winced as she turned to the girl. A silence fell over the two only broken when Fleur whimpered from the cold air. "Gabrielle." Isabelle whispered. Fleur froze as she looked into the water, the girls mind filled with panic and worry as the words of the egg floated around her head. "I've got an idea." Isabelle said sitting on the edge.