10 ~ Welcoming Feast

Despite Isabelle's attempts to convince the others to sit at the red table, the sixth and seventh years had already sat at the blue table, Ravenclaw table. Moments later those from Durmstrang and Hogwarts began to file into the room. Initially, the Durmstrang boys huddled by the door, not taking notice of the others, whilst some of the Hogwarts students, mostly girls began squealing and searching through their robes for a quill to get Krums autograph. Isabelle giggled as she saw a redheaded boy, begin to freak out and jump up and down on the spot. Then she saw a black shaggy haired boy, he wore black circular glasses and had green eyes that were almost identical to her own. "Max, that's Harry." She whispered trying to hide behind him but still watch. Max twisted his head to look at the boy, "His eyes look almost exactly like yours." He said in amazement. Isabelle nodded as she watched them take a seat at the Gryffindor table. 

Max pulled Isabelle closer as he felt her shivering beside him. Alex gave in and pulled Clementine closer putting her arm around her shoulders to help warm her up. The Ravenclaws came and sat down at the table, the boys looked ecstatic at their arrival but many of the girls clearly didn't agree. A pretty girl with long, shiny dark hair and a freckled nose came and joined the table. She seemed much friendlier than the other girls and greeted Isabelle, Clementine and the others. "Hi, welcome to Hogwarts. I'm Cho Chang." She beamed at them, Clementine sent Isabelle a look of disbelief. "Hello, I'm Isabelle, this is Clementine, Alex and Max." The other three smiled, Cho began engaging in conversation with them about Hogwarts.Fleur, Aiméé and Vivienne had finally returned from chattering with a Durmstrang boy, Aiméé earning his scarf to keep herself warm. 

The Durmstrang boys finally sat down, choosing the green Slytherin table. They looked much more interested in the Great Hall as they peered round inspecting the enchanted ceiling and golden plates. Each of them shrugging off their fur robes revealing robes of a deep, blood red colour. While the Beauxbatons watched, wishing that they would offer them. Isabelle drew her eyes away from the other students and peered up at the professors table. A rheumatic man with hunched-shoulders and a hunchback. Was adding chairs along the tables presumably for the other headmaster and mistress. He had a horrible, pouchy and pasty face and bulging, pale eyes, along with sunken, veined cheeks. His hair was long with a bald spot on the top of his head and quivery jowls.

Finally, all the students had taken their seats at one of the four tables. The professors of Hogwarts began filing in and taking their seats up at the head table. Isabelle smiled as she saw the different shapes they all came in, at Beauxbatons they were all tall, thin and overall rather beautiful. At Hogwarts, some were bigger and some were thinner. There were short men and tall women as well as short women and tall men. Their hair colours ranged from a silver like Dumbledores to a jet black. Isabelle giggled to herself as a tall thin lady entered, she appeared to look very uncomfortable at the attention. She wore large circular spectacles and was draped in a shawl. 

The last three to enter were Professor Dumbledore, Madame Maxime and Professor Karkaroff. As the Beauxbatons saw their headmistress they instantly stood out of respect. Isabelle could hear murmurs and giggles from the other schools but they remained standing proudly until she had sat down in her seat to the left of Dumbledore. The other professors also took their seats leaving just Dumbledore standing in the middle of the table.

"Good Evening, ladies and gentlemen, ghosts and - most particularly - guests. I have great pleasure in welcoming you all to Hogwarts. I hope and trust that you stay here will be both comfortable and enjoyable." Dumbledore said as he beamed round the hall at all the new guests. Fleur, who had wrapped a muffler around her neck gave a snickering laugh. Isabelle rolled her eye but almost broke out into laughter as she heard a girl behind her whisper, "No ones making you stay!" Likely louder than she had hoped.