45 ~ The Search Continues

Things went from bad to worse, as the days turned to weeks, the weeks to months, Isabelle found it harder and harder to remain hidden. After the issues with Harry and the Ministry, Dumbledore rarely stayed at Hogwarts for long. He often visited Isabelle at Remus' house and in secret tried to convince her to find an alternative solution. The conversation mostly surrounded:
"Isabelle, you could use a different spell, you don't need to kill yourself in order to take him down." Of which Isabelle would curse to herself wishing she hadn't told Dumbledore of her plans and respond with, "It's wither Harry or me, and I'd rather die than watch him kill himself." the Dumbledore would give her a long lecture on the different spells she could use, which they both knew would be ineffective and would just anger the man more than what he already was. But the latest discussion caused quite the uproar, Isabelle'd had enough of the arguing and lost her cool. It ended with Isabelle storming out of the room, leaving a trail of red sparks behind her. 

"Izzy, we need to talk about this." Remus sighed as he entered the room the girl had been staying in. Max, who had returned a couple of months ago and been staying in the room with her was sat on the floor, looking through books. He still hadn't found out what the spell did and Isabelle wasn't sure how or when she was going to tell him. But she knew it had to be soon, she couldn't let herself die without telling him herself. "Talk about what?" She said, shooting a nervous look at Remus and subtly pointing over to Max. The boy stood and pressed a kiss on top of her head, "I'll go make us some drinks, I'll be back in a minute baby." He muttered before disappearing through the door, leaving the two alone. Remus sighed a small smirk forming on his face, "What did you tell him?" He chuckled, Isabelle looked up, debating whether to play innocent or not. "Just imbedded the thought that you were going to give him 'the father' talk into his mind." She giggled, Remus shook his head and rolled his eyes before taking a seat beside the girl. "Well then, whilst he's gone we need to talk about this."

"I've found it." Isabelle sighed as she looked at the ground. Remus froze for a moment, his eyes fixated on the girl, his heart rate quickening in pace. "You found it?" He repeated in astonishment, his eyes widening. Isabelle nodded and stood from the bed, crouching down and pulling out a large, old, leather bound book. The pages were yellowing and the ink was slightly smudged inside, the book looked older than any Remus had seen before. "I found this book when I was searching through the attic of Elphias Doge. I had a quick look through while Max spoke to the man, I never actually thought I'd be able to find the spell...but here it is." She gripped the book close to her chest and ran her hand over the dusty cover, her heart skipping a beat as she looked down at it. The girl swiftly flicked through the pages, some of them being ripped, others being stained with various foods and drinks. She landed on a page that looked untouched, as if no one had even attempted to cast such a spell. Unlike the other pages, there wasn't a single diagram. Only the incantation and the effects of it.

"The spell will connect my life to his, no matter how many horcruxes he has, when I attach this spell to us, using the link from our minds, the moment I stop breathing, he should too." Isabelle explained as she showed Remus the book, using her wand to point out the correct spell. The man nodded reluctantly and took a deep breath, "We just need to get close enough to him to complete the spell." He said worriedly, the panic rising in his voice. Isabelle nodded and sighed quietly pulling a small envelope from her pocket. "I wrote this letter, I want you, Sirius, Tonks, Max and everyone else to read it together. I want this to be the final thing you have of me. I want you to read it after I've died, make sure Harry knows nothing of it and please keep him safe. If this doesn't work I need to make sure you'll put your life on the line for him. I love you Remus and I know you'll protects everyone even when I can't." Remus nodded, pulling Isabelle into a hug, his arms wrapping tightly around her, not wanting to let go. "I'll do everything I can to take care of him, I'll even keep an eye out for Max too." Isabelle wiped away a falling tears and thanked the man, her heart broke at the idea of leaving them all.