46 ~ Heart Shattering

"You've got to tell him now, you've found the spell and now he needs to know." Remus sighed pointing to the bedroom door. Isabelle nodded sighing as she slowly wandered towards the room. Taking a deep breath, she pushed the door open and wandered in. "Max, I uh...Can we talk?" Isabelle said, her heart pounding and her palms sweaty. The boy looked up, the smile on his face quickly disappearing and being replaced with one of worry and panic. "Yeah of course, what's the matter baby?" Isabelle felt her heart break, she knew this was going to hurt him and she didn't want to do that.

"I-I think you need to know what this spell we've found does." She sighed, sitting down beside him and taking his hands in hers. The boy nodded slowly, his blue eyes staring into her green ones. "It connects lives, it's able to bypass horcruxes and when the caster dies so does the person the spells connected to." She explained slowly, her stomach dropping and an intense feeling of sickness washed over her. Max's face fell, his eyes filled with sadness and his grip became tighter on her hands, "But we're not casting the spell on you?" He said quickly, his voice cracking as he spoke. Isabelle nodded slowly, feeling the tears that stung her eyes begin to fall down her face. "If I can connect our bodies as well as our minds, then it's less likely he'll be able to overpower the spell. I'll be able to do it quickly. I'm going to do it next week, when Harry and the others are at the ministry. That way they'll be busy and it won't risk them finding me or finding out what the spell does. Sirius doesn't know and I don't want him to until I've done it. I want you and Remus to be the ones who tell him, try and make it so he doesn't get too sad." Max nodded, his own tears streaming down his face as he pressed his lips to hers. "I love you, I will only ever love you." He whispered, sobbing into her chest. Isabelle hugged the boy, brushing her fingers through his hair as she tried to keep her breathing steady. "I love you, too. I want you to be happy, be with someone who makes you happy." She whispered back pressing a kiss to the top of his head. Max shook his head and looked up at her, "But you make me happy." He muttered, pulling Isabelle into his arms. The two of them sat on the floor, cuddling for the next few hours silently. They didn't need to talk, they simply needed to be together. 

The following few days the pair were inseparable, Max demanded to spend every waking moment together until she had to leave. Sirius and Remus had returned to 12 Grimmauld Place as they regularly did to meet with the other members of The Order, but of course Isabelle couldn't go as Harry would be there and Max refused to leave Isabelle. Before they left, Remus helped Isabelle access Voldemort's mind. She slowly left clues of where to meet. They decided on the abandoned factory a few miles away, it would ensure that no muggles would be able to find it when Voldemort and Isabelle were there. When they said their final goodbyes it took all Isabelle's strength not to cry ensuring it didn't raise suspicion with Sirius. Once they'd left, Isabelle and Max had the place to themselves where the pair found peace in talking about what their future would've been like. Isabelle pictured a large house with white walls and portraits of both their families, while Max liked the thought of a small cottage, alike Remus' that was cosy and snug. But they both agreed on the fact they both wanted three children. A boy and two girls of which they would call Jamie, Lily and Ivy after Isabelle's parents and Max's grandmother. They discussed future plans most of the days and late into the evening, planning as if they would eventually grow old enough to make them true. But of course, deep into the night, they often lay awake, the sadness and guilt sinking in and making them feel hopeless. 

Isabelle woke up early on May second, she was hardly able to sleep the night before knowing what was to come. She looked up at Max, who had his arms wrapped tightly around her. Isabelle knew he had trouble sleeping that night, she watched his dream whirl around, most of them surrounding the different ways she could die and the grief that come with it. Deciding it was best not to wake him, she carefully climb out from under his arms and began getting ready. She thought that if she left without him knowing, it would be easier for him to forget about her. She grabbed her wand and sighed as she looked in the mirror. She wore her mother's old green dress, her mother had worn it when attending one of the Potter's afternoon teas. She wanted to make a good impression as it was one of the first times she'd even met Fleamont and Euphemia. Isabelle pulled her flaming hair back into a ponytail and tied the belt loosely around her waist before grabbing her wand and tucking it into her belt sash. Her heart ached as she turned to look at Max one final time before disappearing out of the door. 

Isabelle made her way down towards the abandoned building of which Remus helped her pick and sat down on the cold floor. The room was a large rectangle with very limited windows making the room cold and dark. Shadows loomed over the stone floor and consumed Isabelle's thoughts as she stared at the wall. Images of Max and her family passed through her mind, as they became happier and grew older while Voldemort cease to exist anymore. A cold chill made Isabelle shudder slightly as awaited for his arrival.

"Hello?" A quiet voice squeaked from the entrance of the room. Isabelle turned to see a little girl standing in the doorway of the room, her face was pale and she looked panicked. "Hello." Isabelle said softly, panic rising over her as she thought about what had happened to Cedric, "What are you doing here?"
The girl shrugged and looked around the room, "What are you doing here?" She repeated back to her as she slowly approached Isabelle. "I'm meeting a very bad man here, you can't stay or else you might be hurt." She said, her voice now shaking as she looked between the girl and the door. "Where are you meant to be?" The girl began crying, her tears slithering down her face and dripping onto the floor. "My mother's missing, I can't find her anymore. She told me to follow a blue line she created and it'll lead me to some good people. She wanted me to go to Hogsart." She muttered, wiping her eyes free of tears. Isabelle sighed and rubbed her face with her hands, "Do you mean Hogwarts?" The girl nodded quickly and smiled.
"Do you know where that is?" She asked excitedly, Isabelle nodded and grabbed her wand. "What I'm going to do is cast a quick spell, this will take you to Professor Mcgonagall, one of the teachers at Hogwarts. How old are you?" Isabelle explained softly. 
"Eight." The girl said, her blue eyes shining in the morning light.

"Well, you're a little young to go to Hogwarts now but soon you'll be able to. Professor Mcgonagall will help you." The girl nodded, her worries seemingly have disappeared as she looked up at Isabelle. "Hogwarts is a very nice place. I've been there myself, trust me, you'll have lots of fun. Ready?" The girl nodded her head and braced herself as Isabelle flicked her wand over the girls head making her disappear. Isabelle breathed a sigh of relief as she sat back down on the cold ground. She may have saved that girls life, but she certainly wouldn't be saving her own.