38 ~ Departure

Isabelle and Max finally reached the ground floor to see it buzzing with students for all three schools saying their goodbyes. Clementine rushed over to Isabelle and pulled her into a hug, "I was worried about you! Max came in this morning and found me panicking in the room. He explained that you were looking for a spell or something so her grabbed you some fresh robes and I packed away your things and put them inside your trunk." Isabelle smiled, stifling a yawn as she thanked the girl. The two girls joined the rest of the Beauxbatons to see them all watching Fleur rush over to Harry and start talking to him and his friends. Isabelle sighed and felt her heart ache at the fact she was unable to do the same. Vivienne and Aiméé wandered over and placed a hand on each of her shoulders, "Hey, you helped him so much this year. Even if he doesn't know about you, he has you to thank." Vivienne reassured as she and the others began walking out onto the grounds.
"Give me a minute." She muttered before rushing over to the crowd of Hogwarts teachers. Dumbledore and Severus turned around, sadness struck each of their faces as they looked down at the girl. 

"Have you got your ring?" Dumbledore smiled weakly. Isabelle let out a small giggle and nodded as she lifted her hand to show the shining ring on her finger. The man nodded in content before bending down to her height. "You were a pleasure to have this year, Hogwarts was lucky to have you to visit, especially Harry." Isabelle looked down at the ground, her cheeks flushing red. 
"Thank you, Albus." She smiled.
"Well, I must have a word with a couple of the Durmstrang's now that Karkaroff is gone but I will be visiting you soon enough and I'll let you know about what's happening here." Isabelle nodded and smiled as the man rushed over to a group of seventh year Durmstrang boys.

"I'm going to miss having you around." Severus sighed, his gaze not meeting hers. The girl felt tears spring to her eyes as she took a deep breath, "Severus, make sure he stays safe. Please." The man's eyes instantly shot down to her, his face growing paler. 
"I will do everything I can to make sure he stays safe. I would put his life before my own, he will be safe here." Isabelle nodded and pulled the man into one last hug before rushing over to the others.

Madame Maxime was waiting for everyone as she stood on the grass counting each of her students as they stepped into the carriage. Fleur came running across and hopped on quickly but Isabelle waited a moment. Stood by the doors were Severus, Minerva, Albus and Alastor, each of them sending her smiles of encouragement but she could see that they found it just as hard to say goodbye as she did. Finally, Isabelle waved her final goodbye and climbed aboard the carriage sitting beside Max. The boy placed his arm around her and allowed Isabelle to rest her head on his shoulder, slowly falling deeper and deeper into a heavy sleep.

Isabelle woke up with a shock as the carriage bounded onto the ground. Max rubbed his eyes and yawned, clearly having joined her in a slumber. "I guess we're home." He chuckled. The students made their way out of the carriage to see all the students lined up at the gates, their wands lit and held up into the air. "They've heard about Cedric then." Max muttered, dropping his bag to the ground. Isabelle took a deep breath and searched the crowd, each of their faces were filled with worry and panic. None of them knew what was about to happen, but one thing was for sure, it was not going to be easy.

The crowd parted allowing the returned students to walk through towards the castle. Isabelle spotted Sylvie and Louis stood at the edge waving frantically at them. She smiled and pointed them out to the others as Max excitedly waved back at his sister. "I can't wait to see her." He beamed, gripping hold of Isabelle's hand. Isabelle nodded but kept her head down as she heard the rise of thoughts and accusations regarding her brother. The group returning were ushered into the hall while the rest were told to return to their dorm rooms and await for the others to join them. Madame Maxime entered the room, she looked exhausted and reluctant to speak. Slowly she made her way to the front, the large doors to the hall shutting behind her.