2 | Writing Contest

Pride month has officially started and we're excited to get you all involved with the biggest writing contest of the month! This year, we have teamed up with several language teams to bring you a writing contest like no other and we hope that many of you will join us for it.

The Challenge

Using one of the songs provided for you below, write a story in 1,000 - 2,500 words that has LGBTQIAP+ characters, experiences, or themes.

So what exactly is Song Fiction?

Music is a strong inspiration to many cherished stories. Those that make us laugh and those that make us frustrated beyond belief. Don't forget the songs you can't help but dance to as well! Song Fiction, also known as songfic, is a type of story written based on or involving a song.

Songs to Choose From

Brave - Sara Bareilles
Just Right - GOT7
All Things - Betty Who
Who Says - Selena Gomez ft. The Scene
Hall of Fame - The Script
Follow Your Arrow - Kacey Musgraves
I'm Not Afraid - HOLLAND

Participating Languages

English | lgbtq
Indonesian | LGBTQ-ID
Dutch | AmbassadorsNL
Italian | FanfictionIT
German | AmbassadorsDE

Rules and Guidelines

Must be between 1,000 - 2,500 words.

Must be written in one of the participating languages.

Your entry should have the tags: #PrideAtWattpad  #LGBTQGetTogether

It can be written in any genre. However, we can't accept mature works in this contest.

Opened to everyone on Wattpad.

Submit all entries between now and Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 11:59PM. This means that your story should be published on Wattpad by the deadline and submitted through this form.

Your entry must be written based on one of the songs we have provided for you. If you want to use a song not from the list, you are more than free to do that! However, only entries based on our list of songs will be eligible to participate in the contest.

Your entry can be a standalone work or part of a collection/anthology. However, only standalone winning entries will be featured on the reading list.

Your entry must be in adherence to the Wattpad Content Guidelines.

All entries should be submitted to this form before the deadline.

Prizes

Winning Sticker

Entry will be added on LGBTQIAP+'s Love Wins anthology

Feature on our #PrideatWattpad reading list

Author Interviews

Shout-out from the profile

These prizes apply to winners from all participating languages.

If you are looking for translations to the participating languages, please see the following:

Dutch
Contest Details | Submission Form

Italian
Contest Details | Submission Form

German
Contest Details | Submission Form

Indonesian
Contest Details | Submission Form

Contest Disclaimer

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest, that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable or potentially triggering.