18 | Review: "Heart of a Prince: A Cinderella Story"

Book Title: Heart of a Prince: A Cinderella Story

AuthorLanaJoKing

Genre: Romance / LGBTQ+

Tags: #cinderella #fashion #humour

Reviewerbiffyclyro82

CLICK HERE TO READ THIS STORY

Story descriptionDuring a 'soul searching' move to the kingdom of Dak'kine, Tia illegally fumbles her way into the castle's staff

Story description
During a 'soul searching' move to the kingdom of Dak'kine, Tia illegally fumbles her way into the castle's staff. The only possible way to escape this mess without landing in international prison? Marry the Prince.

Review:
The story follows Tiara Williamson, a person who has lived in a wide range of different places around the world and who has a strong affinity for fashion. After a disastrous public break up with her boyfriend, who also happens to be her boss and a known figure in the fashion world, she is silenced in the fashion community and is unable to find a job that satisfies her love for fashion. And so the story follows her as she journeys to the island of Dak'kine, an island where her mother is from. After a mishap with a priceless artifact in the shape of the Queen of the Dak'kine's wedding dress, Tiara finds herself grappling to escape from authority and then in a case of mistaken identity, lands herself in an odd position as a 'mannerisms teacher' for the Prince of Dak'kine (Prince Sione). Her job is to teach the Prince British etiquette, a task which poses quite a challenge as it is something that she is not entirely familiar with let alone qualified to teach. This is the spark that sets off Tiara's life and leads to situations and circumstances that Tiara could never have imagined.

A stand-out for this story is just how hilarious and quirky it can be at times. The main character, Tiara, is able to keep up her comedic input throughout the story and several other characters add to the funny moments in the story too. The characters also feel very authentic especially Tiara, who comes across as relatable and likeable; for example, her 'thoughts' are integrated into the story so that the reader can further understand who Tiara is as a person (whilst at the same time, adding to the story's humour, Tiara is very funny).

The author included comprehensive and well thought-out descriptions throughout the story which tied together to produce a deeply immersive experience and helped to further the connection between the reader and the story. Clothes, food, smells and sounds are some elements of a long list that the author has described in their writing and was a pivotal reason as to why I enjoyed reading the story so much.

Thank you so much for allowing us to review your story, LanaJoKing!