8. Breathless

After returning to the table, I finished my food and made small talk with everyone except Justin. He would take short glances at me and look away, and I caught him every time. Jazmyn seemed to catch on because she mentioned it while she walked me out. "What's up with you and my brother and don't lie?"

"I wouldn't be able to tell you because I, myself, don't even know," I answer because the truth is, I really don't know. Whatever this is that we keep doing is strange and new to me. I've never been involved with someone as confusing as him and it's hard. It's hard because I'm so naive and delusional and I know I'll fall for anything, like now.

"Whatever happens, please don't let it ruin our friendship. He tends to do that a lot," she says.

I nod and open the door to my car, "That won't happen."

"Drive safe," she smiles and waves me off. I can't help but notice Justin standing at the doorway right behind her.

I groan and crank up the volume. "Wherever you are when I'm on the road, we don't have to feel alone. I'm calling home for you, for you. This is the last time, so darling close your eyes. We don't say goodbye, so we'll just say goodnight." I sing along with almost every song on my mixed CD and relieve myself of the tension that's grown in me.

When I pull up, Jen's truck is inside the garage, which usually meant she was staying over. I tried my best to not let it get to me, but something about her made me cringe.

I pushed the car door open and walked inside. "I'm home," I called out.

"Just in time for movies," Jen said, walking out of the kitchen.

"I'm actually pretty tired, so I think I'll pass." I took my feet out of the red heels and held them in my hands, as I walked up the stairs.

I turned into my bedroom and shut the door. Almost immediately, I stripped out of the dress. I slipped on my night shirt and put my hair up into a ponytail. I laid down on my bed with my phone.

"@Fayth_Adams: Sorry for the lack of posts! New video tomorrow. What do you guys wanna see?" I tweeted. I clicked onto my mentions and saw most tweets said they wanted to meet my new friend.

"@Fayth_Adams: what new friend? Be specific. Not like I have a lot, but y'know what I mean."

Most of the responses were Jazmyn, but some were Justin and Chris.

"@Fayth_Adams: oohh I know now ;) i'll see if I can get them in a video. goodnight beauties."

Instead of messaging them separately, I texted Justin for both of them.

"To: Justin
would you and Jaz wanna be in my video?"

Seconds later, a response came in.

"Depends, what do I get out of it? ;)"

"Nevermind. I'll DM Jazmyn."

"Kidding. Yeah, sure. When and where?"

"Tomorrow & how about you drop your sister off and then I'll see if I still want you in it?"

"A little harsh, don't you think, Angel? but okay. as long as I get to see you ;)"

"Go text your girlfriend, dimwit!"

"Do I sense some jealousy?"

"In your dreams."

"And for the record, she's NOT my girlfriend."

"Then stop using her, that's absurd even for you! Goodnight."