10. Lost & Found

We stay for about an hour more, finishing our milkshakes and simply talking. However, the entire time, our fingers are interlocked and the butterflies in my stomach never once stop. When the light of the sun starts to dim, I figure it's time to get home. Justin willingly says yes he'll take me even though it's a 30 minute drive.

On the way, our hands are still meshed perfectly together. It felt so right and so warm for the both of us, that we'd both catch each other caressing our fingers with our thumbs. I was smiley the whole way home and for once, I was glad to say I finally let my true feelings out.

Pulling up at the gate, I could see my dad's truck in the driveway and reality struck me like a ton of bricks. I sighed loudly and unbuckled myself, "And now I must face reality."

"You'll be fine," he brings our interlocked hands up to his lips and kisses them.

"Call me when you get home, so I know you got there safe," I said.

He nodded, "But first, c'mere." He lightly pulls me to him and plants a kiss on my lips. "Goodnight, Angel."

"Goodnight, Justin," I say, climbing out of the truck. I press the intercom and in just seconds, the gate opens. I wave to Justin and he drives off. It's not until I'm halfway up the driveway, that I remember I don't even have shoes on. Great! More questions added to the list of many I'm about to get asked, as soon as I walk through the door.

I open the door and I'm met with my dad's built figure standing right in front of me. "How was your French dinner?" I ask, in a snarky tone.

"I'm the one asking the questions! Where the hell did you go?" He asked, his arms crossed.

"It's not like you care! You didn't go looking for me," I spat, trying to get past him.

"What is up with you, tonight?"

"Nothing, dad! Why don't you go have some more quality time with Jen since she seems to be the one you pay a shit ton more attention to!" This time, I do get passed him and I run up to my room. I slam the door shut and lock it. I wasn't in the mood to see or hear of him at all for the rest of the night.

I strip out of the tight dress and get into my pajamas, which consist of an oversized shirt and mini shorts, with knee length socks. I leave my hair down and get into bed. My laptop lays on top of my lap and I sign into Twitter.

"@Fayth_Adams: amazing day, although I might've lost my heels. @ you know who you are, I need them back :)"

I clicked onto my mentions and saw screenshots of my video still popping up. There were many of Justin and I, but there were also a few of Jazmyn and Chris saying they'd make a cute couple. If only they knew, I thought.

I went back onto my home page and the first tweet I saw was of Karina. I didn't follow her, so I don't understand how she got there. I went onto her profile and saw she'd just tweeted something about Justin and he favorited it.

"@KattyKarina: my baby knows how to do me good ;) come back, I miss you!"

After reading that, a million scenarios popped in my head of what he was doing before he picked me up and I felt like a complete idiot. My heart began beating at an unhealthy pace and my throat was getting clogged up. I pick up my phone from beside me and dial his number. "Yes, Angel?"

"Don't call me that," I say.

"I'm guessing your dad didn't take it lightly."

"This has nothing to do with my dad."

"Okay, then what's up?" He asks, his voice so nonchalant it only made me even angrier.

"Where were you?"