6: Tattooed Back

P A T

P A T

Hindi ko rin alam kung bakit nag-breakdown ako. Matapos lumabas ng horror house ay nagpaalam ako kay Ganja na may dadaanan akong booth. But as soon as I stepped inside one of the vacant rooms in E-Hall . . . I couldn't help but fall apart.

It's been months, pero bakit ang sakit pa rin?

I was doing great until he showed up here. And now, he had the audacity to bring Aubrey along with him?

Bumalik sa akin ang lahat ng mga nangyari.

Lahat ng lungkot.

Lahat ng sakit.

Lahat ng pangloloko nila.

Lahat ng mga alaala na pilit kong tinalikuran nitong mga nakaraang buwan . . . eto at minumulto na naman ako ngayon.

Justin was the ideal boyfriend.

He was kind, respectful, and sweet. He was always there, and he always made time for me. He never forgot to celebrate special occasions and he was always full of surprises. Now that I think of it, madalas sa mga surpresa niya ay kakuntsaba niya pa nga si Aubrey.

Aubrey was my best friend.

And she wasn't just a friend . . . she was my sister.

She knew all of my secrets and I thought I knew all of hers. We have known each other since we were little and we always did everything together. From shopping, getting our nails done, and getting our hair cut. We're literally in and out of each other's houses. Her parents even treat me like I'm their own, and my mom treats Aubrey like a daughter, too.

It used to be just the two of us until Justin came along. And for three years, everything was like a dream, and I was living the perfect life.

I had a boyfriend and a best friend who both loved me.

I just had no idea that they loved each other, too.

Now, they're both out of my life and it hurts so much. I don't know who I miss more because they both have been in my life for so long, I almost didn't know how to start over when I lost them both.

That was the lowest point of my life and every day was a struggle to get up and pretend I was fine. I had no one but myself because even when my mom tried to be supportive, I still cried myself to sleep every night once I was alone in my room.

For months, I was a wreck. But everything changed for the better when I transferred to Dawson.

I met new friends, I did better in my academics, and most importantly, I was finally beginning to feel happy again.

So, why did Justin have to ruin everything and transfer here? Bakit kailangan pa nilang ipamukha sa akin na masaya sila kahit wala ako? Kulang pa ba 'yong ginawa nila noon?

After seeing them making out in the horror house, I was brought back to the time when I first caught them cheating on me. It was just too much, so I hid in an empty classroom and cried my heart out . . . feeling more alone than ever.

My friends have no idea about my past with Justin, so I had no one but myself to give me comfort. I didn't tell Mads or Ganja about what he did to me because I don't want them to hate on him. I know he's my ex but I didn't sign up to be his hater, and I'm never going to recruit other people to hate him for me. I want them to look at him and see the good person that he is; not the cheating boyfriend he was.

When I heard the classroom door open, I thought it would be either one of my friends who would come looking for me. But instead, it was Axl.

He looked annoyed as always with furrowed brows and pursed lips. I didn't want to annoy him further so I decided against approaching him and just stayed where I was.

I watched him as he undid the first few buttons of his polo shirt and turned off the lights. The curtains did little to block the sunlight coming from outside, so even with the lights off, I was still able to see him clearly.

He fumbled with the AC remote control until he was finally able to adjust it to the temperature he wanted. He then lay on the carpet, crossed both arms behind his head, and dozed off to a peaceful sleep.

To be honest, I thought he was going to do something else because he was being so sneaky. May pagtanggal pa ng butones ng damit, 'yon naman pala ay matutulog lang.

I smiled in spite of myself.

I observed him quietly for a few minutes, enthralled by the sight of him.

He looked so tired and peaceful. I was mesmerized by the way his lips slowly parted as he fell deeper into sleep, the way his chest rose and fell while he breathed softly, and the way his eyes twitched as he dreamed.

He looks like a movie.

I didn't really pay much attention to him before, but now that I am seeing him more clearly, I realized that he looked a lot better than I gave him credit for. He even reminds me a bit of my oppa, Kim Mingyu.

He has eyes that are chinky but not too much, long eyelashes, a pointed nose, moist lips, and a prominent jawline. He also has unbelievably flawless skin. There's no evidence of any pores at all.

And if I'm going to be completely honest . . . he's actually quite handsome.

I remembered the tattoos on his back, so I began to wonder if he also had tattoos on other parts of his body. I scooted just a tiny inch closer to him, but I had no idea he was very sensitive to noise. He woke with a jolt and sat up as soon as he heard me move.

He then turned around, saw me, and yelled so loud I think he almost peed on himself. I assumed that it was my vampire mask that frightened him, so I hurriedly took it off and apologized.

When he saw my puffy eyes, his expression shifted in a snap from fear to worry. He asked if I was okay and he even let me borrow his favorite hanky.

That one tiny gesture easily made me feel comforted. And truth be told, I never expected that from him.

Before he left, he gave me one last lingering look.

His eyes met mine, and for a moment, I thought he was going to change his mind and stay with me until I felt better.

But just like always . . . he just turned his back on me and walked away.