7: Red

P A T

P A T

"Uy, bakla ka! Nasaan ka na?!" malakas na sigaw ni Mads pagkasagot na pagkasagot ko ng tawag niya.

"Nandito lang ako sa CR. May nakain yata ako," I explained. "I'll meet you in the field," I said before hanging up.

Totoong nasa CR talaga ako. Naghilamos ako ng mukha para mabawasan nang kaunti 'yong pamamaga ng mga mata ko, pero parang hindi naman tumalab.

I looked inside my bag for my eye drops at baka sakaling makatulong. I quickly unscrewed the cap and tilted my head backward, holding the dropper tip directly over my eyes and squeezing the bottle. I closed my eyes and let the product soak in.

While standing in the bathroom with my eyes closed, the door suddenly flew open causing me to lose hold of the tiny eye drop bottle.

Sinubukan kong pakiramdaman gamit ang paa ko kung saan banda nalaglag 'yong drops, pero nagulat na lang ako nang maramdamang may pumulot no'n at saka inabot sa kamay ko.

I took it and uttered a quick thank you. She didn't respond and just left without another word, but somehow, I wanted to cry again because I knew that it was her.

Aubrey.

Sa sobrang tagal naming magkaibigan ay kilala ko na siya kahit pa nakapikit ang parehong mata ko.

I hate that feeling when you miss someone so much and you just want to hug them and talk to them, but then you suddenly remember that they're not the same person anymore. That they deliberately hurt you and they are already happy without you, but you still can't help but miss them. And you prayed so many times for things to just go back to the way they were so that you can spend time with them again, but you know that won't happen no matter how many times you wish for it.

I opened my eyes after a few more minutes and let out a sigh.

Axl is right.

I am like a baby.

Nothing good is going to happen if I'm going to keep dwelling on the past. What's done is done. What's gone is gone. All I can do now is move on.

I checked my reflection in the mirror while fighting the urge to break down and cry again. I looked so pale, even I got scared for a second. So, I fumbled in my bag for my make-up kit and put on some red lipstick in an attempt to put some color on my face.

There! I smiled at myself once I was done.

I don't know if it's just me, but there's something about a bright, red lipstick that just instantly brightens my mood. Like now. I'm feeling significantly better already.

I was just about to leave when the bathroom doors opened again, and this time, it was actually Mads and Ganja who walked in.

"Saan ka ba nagsususuot? Sabi mo nasa CR ka. Eh, duh? Nahiya naman sa dami ng CR sa school na 'to!" panenermon ni Mads. They both looked relieved seeing me na para bang napakatagal kong nawala.