30: Stop the Chase

A X L

A X L

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

I slammed the car door and hurriedly got in my car. I have no idea where Pat went but the guard tipped me that he saw her ride a cab.

I stepped on the accelerator and drove without direction, looking left, right, and center for taxi cabs and checking if she was in any one of them.

I messed up big time.

Just when she took a brave step forward and shared a romantic night with me . . . Nica decided to show up and ultimately ruin the moment. Well, of course, she was bound to. She lives there, too. I just forgot about it because I was too focused on Pat to even care about anything else.

The place I brought Pat to was my mom's condo—which is now legally mine because she passed it onto me when she died—and Nica has already been staying there for months. She is giving her own place a makeover and my mom convinced her to stay in the condo during the renovation because they said it could take a while. It was thousands of meters of wasted space because no one was using it before Nica did, and my mom just made the right decision of letting her use it.

Now, I have two condos I don't know how to manage.

I have my own place that I bought using my own money, but it was just a studio and it was beginning to feel too small for me. The one my mom left me has 3 bedrooms and feel homely—maybe because I know she owns it—kaya napagdesisyunan kong parentahan na lang 'yong isang condo ko at permanente nang tirhan ang condo na iniwan sa akin ng nanay ko.

Nagsisimula pa lang akong maglipat ng mga gamit, at sa katunayan nga ay sala at kusina pa lang ang naaayos ko. Wala pang laman ang kuwarto ko dahil karamihan sa mga gamit ko, kabilang na ang kama ko, ay nando'n pa sa studio.

Heck, if I had a bed, Pat and I wouldn't have stayed that long on the couch.

I shook my head as I gripped the stirring wheel harder.

Just when she made me promise not to walk away from her, she was the one who ran away from me and didn't even let me speak my side. What happened tonight was not my mom's fault or Monica's. I know that it is all on me. But why do we always have to push each other away? Is it always going to be a chase?

I opened my Instagram while driving to try and message her but she already blocked me. How am I supposed to fix this when she won't even let me explain?

I noticed that I have one message request which I quickly opened. The message was sent roughly a few minutes ago and it's from Justin.

justinngbuhaymo11:
Pat is here.

My heart skipped just seeing her name. Thank God she is okay.

axltristansy:
Where are you exactly?