12

I lay lazily on my sofa catching up on some of my old favorite shows as I scroll through my phone. I've been in this position for I don't know how long, I had no one to talk to or anything to do and my best option was to have time to myself.

Maybe I should have sucked it up and went to work, what could possibly happen that is so bad? If we both had sex and he could ignore the fact than why am I so stuck on him mentioning my outburst?

This felt like hell, I might lose my job if he ever find out I bluntly lied. My body was brought from drowning thoughts as I hear a deep call of my name echo through the halls.

"Yeah?" I reply pulling my phone from my view and propping my body up on my forearm.

Ethan peeks his head from behind the hallway wall and smiles a big guiltless smile, knowing immediately what's next to come I let out a small sigh.

He always tiptoes around his questionable favors, making me not want to help even more.

"Baby sister" his voice quickly fades into a high pitched little boy impression.

He skips his way around the couch and sits right beside me, "Hey, Whatcha doing?" he impersonates SpongeBob voice sticking his head over to get a better look at my phone.

"Shut up Ethan" in between words I attempt to stop the urge to laugh. No matter how unfunny Ethan was, He always made me crack with enjoyment.

"Cut to the chase" I continue after finally catching some air.

"I need a teeny favor?" I sit upright tilting my head a bit.

"Yeah?" I reply.

He gives an awkward smile and looks away, "I need you to go pick up a few groceries" his words grew quiet, like the last thing he wanted was for me to hear him.

"You used to always go shopping for the house, but the last few months-"

"Sure, we've been lacking milk the last few days and I was starting to get anxious" I blurt letting out a half chuckle as I finish my sentence.

Ethan looks back up at me with a wide grin on his lips, "I knew you were the greatest" he hugs me slightly and tosses his keys before skipping back to his room.

I shake my head at his childishness and pull on my shoes, heading for the door.

I couldn't let Ethan finish his sentence, because it was true. Since I lost my family I became depressed and unreliable, everything I had did before I could barely do now.

I almost couldn't finish high school, I procrastinated a lot. Especially on things I used to do for the family, like grocery shopping for example. No matter how late or early it was, I was always the go to for getting groceries and I never backed down or made an excuse to get out of it.

After moving with Ethan I completely did nothing to help with the place, I didn't plan on it either. I hoped to never bring anything out of place so I didn't have to contribute. If I ate anything I replaced it, if I broke anything I replaced it.

Ethan tried to encourage me to be more content but he eventually gave up when I hadn't changed. Pulling up to one of my favorite grocery stores I park the car and head straight in as fast as I can. It was getting colder by the day. I'd go from wearing a T-shirt straight to a coat.