16

For the next few days, Kelli and I struggled to find something to wear to the party. I had too much going on in my mind, and the first thing was how I should attend.

Who knows how he'd want us to look at the party, Formal or even casual. Luckily an hour before the party, Kelli and I found something suitable for our taste.

As I did feel a bit confident in my dress, I almost forgot I had never been to a New Years party besides one of my own, my family used to throw a New Years Party every year, and everyone we've ever spoken to or connected with would join us at our large lake house.

Sometimes the party would last throughout the next day because it was that fun, but it's been almost two years since I've last attended a New Years Party, and it almost feels wrong.

I'm not ready to walk into a very popular party, and the only people I'd know there are probably like ten out of hundreds. Maybe I'd been better off with coming up with a lie to get out of the party.

I feel my body slightly being nudged as I snap from my thoughts, "Stop your overthinking, Mia. We're here."

I blink no less than three times as I realized we are here. After a whole thirty minutes of driving and Kelli and Kylo ranting about nonsense, we are standing right at the entrance of a beautiful beach house and I haven't noticed till now.

As we make our way inside, my throat instantly becomes dry, and I mentally can't grasp the number of people standing close together in this massive front room.

I can't even begin to describe the luxury of this place, and I almost feel like I shouldn't be stepping in here with my old black heels. The pair my mother gave me to for my promlast September, sadly she wasn't around to see me in them.

This place is magnificent, and I'm surprised it's Ardens alone. He probably has many other owned properties. I always forget Arden makes millions; I'm lucky to be speaking to him regularly. He could buy and sell me, and I probably wouldn't be able to have a say so.

"I never told you how beautiful you look" A voice speaks smoothly, knocking me from my thoughts. Kylo walks backward in front of me, grinning indefinitely.

I feel the corner of my lip switch as I look down to admire myself, then back up at him. 

"You're not too bad yourself," I say softly while lightly gripping his tie with a genuine smile perked across my face.
He laughs as I pull him closer, and he positions his hands on my waist while I sneak my arms over his neck as we dance to the soft music around us.

This is the first time in a while I've felt good. Content and at ease with everything, I've got the job I worked so hard for, my long lost best friend is finally in front of me and is the sweetest boy ever, and I can say I wake up every morning with a smile on my face- knowing there is something to live for, which hasn't always been this easy.

Kylo leans over my shoulder swiftly, causing a gentle breeze to fall over me, "you want something to drink?" He speaks softly into my ear so he wouldn't have to talk over the loud music again, but I couldn't help but get chills from his words.

"Uh, sure," I swallow harshly, feeling like I have something lodged in my throat.

I slip my fallen curls over my ear and turn my head searching for Kelli, "oh, don't bother looking for her" I turn back to Kylo, narrowing my eyebrows.

"Let's just say she's occupied" Kylo points in her direction, and I look directly at her as she does her famous flirty look towards a broad guy that looks to be in his late 20s. He seems to be into her as much as she is to him, telling by his expression, and the way he's flexing.