33

A R D E N

"What the hell are you still doing here? shes losing so much blood! She needs medical attention not your damn ears on her chest!!" Kylo yells at the paramedics while they listen for any heart beats or breathing.

I sit back onto a rock nearby while my face rest into my hands as everything continuously repeats in my head and the constant regretful feeling ripping my insides.

I should have taken Kylo's words gravely instead of bringing Mia closer to me and putting her in further danger only for my selfish desires, I should have kept it strictly boss and assistant nothing more.

If only she had never showed her face here and have never cared for me the way she does than everything would probably be okay right now. I don't know how I'll forgive myself if I lose her.

The pain in my chest is unbearable. I can hardly breath and think straight. I feel like I could truly tell someone the exact pain and definition of a heartbreak. Mia is undoubtedly everything, the first girl I ever felt something for. She's been through hell and back and I'll be damned if this is the last time I see her.

"Arden" I lift my head only to see Kylo waving for me to enter the ambulance quickly.

I rush to my feet and hurry into the ambulance as we pull off within seconds speeding towards the hospital. I look over at Kylo and he sits stiffly with his hands covering his mouth and his eyes filled with tears. He was completely an entire shade of red and blue. Pained and filled with intense fear.

I never wanted this awful life for my baby brother, I always wanted to pull him out of all this so he could live a normal healthy life doing things he loved and fighting against harsh things he feared instead of fighting with them. He didn't accept our grandfather's unhealthy life habits so he should have never been targeted or trailed. This is all on me.

Not long after the aching ride we arrive to the hospital and they immediately ride Mia off to the nearest operating room where they will perform god knows what on her to save her life.

Not once would I have ever thought I'd be driving Mia to utter horror like this, I can't even begin to explain the pain I feel inside, the nauseated feeling that is overwhelming me.

—————————
"Fuck" I moan as I plop on the chair in the nearest waiting room beside Kylo. It's been three hours since we arrived and no further update has been given to us. Not even reassurance on the process. Just allowing us to sit here with the worst to consider.

Kylo had called both Mia's brother and her best friend as soon as we got here and they told us they couldn't be here until nearly the next day.

I can't imagine the pain they are going through. Not being able to communicate with us on the long plane ride as they pray for Mia to be in a stable condition.

"This is my fault Arden" Kylo mutters while looking at his fiddling hands and shaking leg causing me to come out of my thoughts and furrow my brows.

"What?" I choke out as I sit upright and turn his way.

He lifts his head and stares at me intently with his puffed eyes and messy hair. "I tried to get closer to her again. I even brought her to a coffee shop for gods sake, when I knew the guys were trailing me." He says and immediately sighs harshly after finishing his sentence.

I shake my head at his statement, "Kylo are you kidding me? You warned her. If anything you were doing the right thing by staying away from her." I say earning a nod from him.

"I should be the one blaming myself. I'm the one that continued hanging out with her after you told her to stay away from the both of us" I say squeezing his shoulder.

"That's different you're her boss, it's required to have a good relationship with your employees" he states.

"Yeah but not to the point of sex" I say causing Kylo's head to jerk my way quickly.

"W-what? You had sex with her?" He asks tensing up as the words leave his mouth.

before I could respond a women walks up to us with a clipboard wrapped in her embrace and a long white doctors coat.

I feel my heart sink to my stomach as both Kylo and I stand to our feet without hesitation fearing the inevitable. The doctor clears her throat and the time in between now and the truth feels like an eternity.

I didn't want to here what ever she had to say next, I want this all to be over with. To have Mia in my arms like nothing bad ever happened. To see her flushing blushed cheeks and how her eyes squint when she smiles.

How she accuses me of the most random things or how she'd come to my office constantly for no reason just to apologize and leave. I didn't want her next few words to confirm my worst fear.

I didn't want to hear her say Mia was gone. I'm not ready to lose the love of my life before she even knows how I feel.