28

"I'm Amelia Evans" I stand to my feet with a persistent smile on my face reaching to shake his hand. Lately, I've gotten much more confident with my first name ever since Candace has started to say it. Whenever my name slips from her lips, a bright smile comes right after and I completely feel wholesome.

When I was in elementary I would sometimes get made fun of for having such a name, people laughed because I wasn't named Bella or Emily- something white and basic. Kelli told everyone to fuck off and leave me alone because she believed my name was unique and beautiful and from that day on, no one has ever tried to make fun of it.

"Well it's nice to meet you" he chuckles.

I smile back heartedly but shaking my head and letting go of his hand soon after, "Arden I don't want to start over, I like you and everything that comes with you." I say. "You are an amazing person and even though you might be a little hard to get under, I still value every moment I've ever spent with you."  I sigh pulling him into a hug.

"I enjoy knowing your little flaws, let's not start over let's just move forward," I say, gently rubbing his back.

At the end of my sentence, I felt his grip on me tighten and his hand rubs through the strands of my hair, "Thank god, I didn't want to pretend I didn't know how weird you were" he laughs pulling away from the hug causing me to swat him on the arm.

"Hey I'm the only weird cause of y- I'm not weird at all!" I shoot back pouting my lips and folding my arms.

"If it helps you sleep at night" he grins, turning on his feet.

"I'm starving, I think I'm sobering up too quickly" he admits rubbing his bare stomach. At the intense conversation we just had, I completely forgot he'd been half-naked this entire time.

I find myself staring for too long as Arden turns around and smirks. He finds his tongue sliding across his lips as he walks closer to me, "would you like to touch Mia?" He breaths, fairly close.

I difficulty swallow the hardened lump in my throat as I begin to nod before Arden cuts me off just as my head tilts upwards.

"I'm kidding" he jokes, raising his hand in defense. "Let's go get something to eat"

"Actually can we order in? I'm kinda exhausted from my run this morning" I overly sigh.

He smiles and nods his head before picking up his phone and dialing a pizza place.

Over the next 2 hours or so, Arden and I talked about random topics and various things to cure our boredom while we watched a comedy series and munched on pizza and snacks. I felt myself forgetting all about his mindless actions and I was beginning to feel comfortable with him all over again.

He smiled and smirked from time to time. We'd laugh and joke and I'd nudge him from the flirty jokes and sometimes we'd just sit and admire each other.

It was never like a flirtatious admire, it was more like an I'm glad I met you admire. Arden's a kind person deep down and I love it more than anything that I can spend my boring lazy hours with him.

I haven't been able to spend it with Kelli or Ethan, they've both been lip-locked, and now that they're dating it'll be extremely hard to get between them. Kylo's been M.I.A so I've been able to occupy myself this Friday.

I feel the corner of my lips tug upwards and Arden looks at me side-eyed. He turns to look at me fully, confused in the process.

"What?" He asks, slurping on his cola.

"Nothing," I say, my cheeks burning as I slide my hands in my pockets.

My fingers rub against something cold, I pull it out, and in my hands are the keys to Arden's car.