17

"You okay?" Kylo asks looking down at me while I wipe my tears from my eyes. I nod back to him, feeling my body relaxing into his chest just as my breathing slowed down until it came back to its regular schedule.

I'm glad I have Kylo after only being reunited for a month, it feel like he never left my side. His embrace is warm and welcoming like I can easily relax when I'm with him, it feels good to always have him around.

I feel his hand slightly rub my arm as I look back up at his soft brown eyes, he smiles and parts his mouth to speak, "We should go back inside Mia you're freezing"

I look down at my arms and noticed chill bumps covering them and suddenly after not feeling anything at all for so long I was beginning to feel the cool breeze blow over me and it felt so relaxing.

Luckily it had stopped snowing around a week ago and hasn't snowed since, Ardens party would have only been an indoor one and people wouldn't have been able to enjoy the outdoor things as they are now. By now the snow was completely cleared up and it just felt like a regular December day, chilly but manageable.

I look over at Kylo as he undresses himself from his jacket. He swings the jacket over my shoulders and I grab ahold of it smiling back at him as I nod in agreement to his suggestion. We both stood to our feet and made our way towards the roofs entrance.

"Thank you" I say looking down at my feet, "I needed to let all that out." I look up at him with a confident smile across my lips.

It felt amazing to let everything out to someone that doesn't judge you, they just listen. They let you have all the time you need to calm yourself without over working you or rushing your emotions.

I do have Ethan and Kelli to be there for me but this was different. Ethan hasn't been listening to how I feel towards the accident, he just pushes it to the side and changes the subject but I understand he's feeling pain as well.

Kelli on the other hand stayed to comfort me anytime I needed her until she wasn't there at all when I was breaking down and wouldn't admit but needed someone the most. I can't blame her, they usually say best friends know you the best but with this situation, no one can see my pain if I don't want them too. She wouldn't have noticed anything anyways because I tried my hardest to keep everything in for so long that it easily became believable and nobody would dare to question it.

It sometimes felt better to let it out all alone but other times, I felt lonely and in need for someone's reassurance and today was the day. Kylo gets my situation and feelings, I can feel that he understands me and everything I told him.

"Anytime beautiful" He pulls me to his side, crossing his arm over my shoulder. we both let out friendly laughs while entering the house.

"It's almost midnight and you still haven't told me your New Years resolution" Kylo smirks and I cock a brow at him. I look back down questioning myself. Come to think of it, I can't say I really have one other than continuing to get older.

I shrug my shoulders as we continue to walk, "I don't think I have one"

"Oh come on everyone has one" he laughs nudging me a little.

"I mean if it had to be one, I'd want to better myself. I know it's cliché but I mean it" I say as we make our way down the stairs. "I need to reinvent so many things about myself. this definitely wasn't my year. I've been sad a lot and I've spent less time doing all the things I've loved. I want to change that and set aside my differences and emotions so they won't get the better of me." I say breathing in a deep breath since I hadn't the entire time I was talking.

"What's yours?" I ask looking back at him. Kylo glides his fingers through his hair as his bright expression softens while the only sound we are left with is the partying at the bottom of the stairs.

He takes in a breath before finally speaking, "to make amends with my brother." He clenches his jaw and I look at him in disbelief.

"You have a brother?" I question while looking into his now dark eyes as he just stares straight ahead. He nods in response and I open my mouth to continue, but nothing comes out. I'm completely speechless, I never knew he had a brother and what could he possibly be making amends for? Where is his brother now?

"Glad you could make it" a familiar voice speaks from behind me, right through the music. I turn around only to be face to face with Arden as his usual boyish grin comes to show, alongside his dimples.

I feel the heat rising to my cheeks as I admire his figure. He definitely looked to be the eye of the party, his black and white suit nicely polished while his hair is trimmed and styled. His bruised seemed to have healed since the last time I saw him- like they were never there.

He smiled down at me through his pearly whites while I mirrored his expression. I tuck a strand behind my ear as I began to speak but the sudden change in Ardens expression stopped me.

His eyes were no longer fixated on me, they were darting towards the side of me. His friendly smile faded and he was now clenching his teeth together. I turn to where his eyes met and Kylo stands stiff- his fingers clenched into a fist, his muscles tensed as he glared back at Arden.

Sorrow and loath filling his eyes as he looks directly into Ardens eyes. I look at Arden and back at Kylo as confusion wipes over me. They must know each other, like they have a history of hate.

Kylo sucks in a breath- his eyes growing darker by the second, "Arden." He speaks, stopping as Arden takes a step closer to him.

The atmosphere is suddenly thicker and I can feel the awkward tension between these two. I don't know what's going on but by the looks of it, it isn't anything good.