29

I smile to myself as I tie up my laces and pull onto my cap. I stand to my feet walking over to the mirror to make sure I'm more than comfortable in my fit and I have all the things that I'll need to accommodate me on this run.

As I finish the touch-ups in the mirror I notice Arden through the mirror. He'd just entered his room after he'd finished his shower. He insisted on going to run with me, even though today was his rest day- he mentioned he wanted me to be safe from any potential dangers since I wasn't yet familiar with this neighborhood.

I argued back that if he needed his rest then he should get it more than anything and that I'm used to running alone so keeping myself safe was all I knew. Of course, I lost the argument and now Arden is slipping on his clothes and grabbing the rest of his running gear. He runs back into the bathroom while I grab my phone and headphones.

"Okay, I'm leaving now," I say to Arden making my way towards his door.

I hear his heavy footsteps jogging towards me and a large smirk forms my lips.

"Wait" he muffles grabbing ahold of my arm to stop me. I turn to face him and he pouts down at me with his toothbrush hanging sideways out his mouth.

"I'm not ready" he groans, "Stop trying to leave without me, ill be ready soon," he says turning on his heels and running back into the bathroom.

I let out a heavy exaggerated sigh and exit the room towards the kitchen to grab myself a quick snack. After Arden and I had gotten intimate with each other I'd felt much closer and comfortable being near him he makes me feel at rest and calm the same way Kylo did whenever I'd spent time with him.

With Arden, it's more than different, over the past week I couldn't help but feel flustered whenever he came near me or whenever we'd have our congenial silences.

I promised Kylo I'd stay away from Arden because he mentioned the dangers that followed would soon follow me after, but constantly hanging with Arden and ranting to him, not one ounce of danger came our way and I'm slowly starting to think they aren't as dangerous as Kylo elaborated.

I bite down into an apple while waiting for Arden to finish getting ready before I plug into my headphones. Arden comes jogging down seconds later and he soon walks into the kitchen.

"Hey," I say earning a smirk from Arden.

"Good girl" he utters humbly, walking close past me and brushing against my hooded shoulder.

I stare straight ahead with my eyebrow furrowed as I remain lent over the counter.

"What?" I chuckle turning to him.

He shrugs his shoulders grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge, he seemed very nonchalant about it until he closed the fridge and turned to face me- his smirk still visible.

"I said don't leave me and you didn't, good girl"

He reaches towards me and lifts my chin with his index finger and thumb and leans into where our lips are just barely touching.

I fight the urge to pull him close and have him rail me right here on this counter by pushing him away and walking out the door with an annoyed scoff.

He quickly follows behind me with his playboy smile shooting through the back of my head.

—-

It's been about an hour since we started our run and Arden's breath hadn't nearly heightened as much as mine did. It's like he knows way more about controlling his breathing than I do and I can't help but hate that his resting days are probably what gives him the most strength.