19

Kelli stood in front of me while I sat in my computer chair alongside my desk. I rolled in circles as I stared desperately at my phone. My fingers caressed my phone, and I'd occasionally click open it to see if I have any new notifications. As I suspected, none came in besides Ethan's texts saying he'll be out all day, and if I needed to go anywhere, I'd have to get my own ride. Luckily Kelli arrived earlier today and she mentioned she was willing to take me anywhere I needed to be.

As much as I hated asking people to take me anywhere, I always felt comfortable riding around with Kelli. Even though she would never complain on taking me anywhere - she genuinely seems like she doesn't mind doing it. Ive been looking for a car lately but nothing has been able to satisfy my simple taste or haven't reached my surprisingly reasonable budget so I'm sticking with getting rides around for now.

Kelli let out a small sigh turning on her feet to pull up my lounge stool, as she sat down she looked back at me sympathetically, "You okay?" She questioned.

Not looking up from my phone I reluctantly gave her a straight forward response, "Maybe I should contact him. To see if he's okay." I exclaimed desperately.

I could feel Kelli's warm eyes lying on me, I look up at her- watching her gaze as she shook her head lightly, "I'm sure he's fine Mia, he just wants time to himself"

"Time to himself? It's been an entire week since he last told me he needed time. How much time could he possibly want?" I moan dryly coming to a stop on my chair.

"Well maybe some people need longer times to recover, I mean that was a serious fight and he literally got punched in the face" she paused and gave me a reassuring smile.

"I know you're worrying about him, but seriously give him some time alone. I'd be pretty damn hurt too if this was my situation" Kelli spoke as she gave my shoulder a quick rub.

She was right, Kylo does need time to himself, I'm being selfish, they had a pretty serious argument in front of over 100 people, saying lots of personal - hurtful things that probably would have never been put out in public. Arden probably is going through the same thing as Kylo right now.

He told me I could take a vacation leave and he'll call me back in when necessary because he'd be taking time off as well. I didn't understand why he wanted me to take a leave if I could easily get lots of work done for him, since I usually do so when he's absent.

I wanted to question him on this announcement because before his New Years party, he clearly stated that we'd be starting on a new important project the next day of work but now he's suddenly pushing it back because he won't be in at all.

I decided to stay instead because one- I want things to stay on track so when he comes back we can continue to move forward and two- I needed a distraction so I wouldn't be bothered to check on Kylo all the time.

I honestly feel bad for Arden, he showed his weakest side in front of everyone who feared him and now he's hiding. As long as I've known him, he always pushed a difficult situation aside so it wouldn't effect him but this has brought him to his lowest and I almost fear for his safety. Lots of wealthy people have enemies and if he happens to have any- they'd definitely use Kylo against him and to get under his skin.

I completely understand that he needs time to himself, or it would be entirely hard to run a large business like his without getting distracted, but why allow me to take off as well in the meantime? Couldn't he have just gotten a replacement until he felt comfortable enough to return?