21

The touch of his lips were soft and smooth, he made sure the kiss was pleasurable for the both of us- that we both got the most out of it. He groaned lightly against the kiss as I voluntarily allowed his tongue to slip inside my mouth.

The intensity of the kiss increased as he pulled me much closer to where I was leaning over the center console and my chest was pressed against his. Feeling the urge to move much further and rip off his clothes I stop myself before things could escalate there. I pull back from his touch and slide a piece of hair behind my ear.

I feel my cheeks redden as Arden leans back into his seat with a smile planted on his lips. I open my mouth to speak of what just happened but I can't bring my lips to say anything, anytime I try my words just get stuck in my throat and I become more flushed just thinking of it.

"Mia I'm-" Before Arden could finish his words I thank him and bolt out of the car.

Luckily the rain had stopped minutes ago and I wouldn't be more embarrassed by jumping out into the rainfall. Just as I shut the car door, I speed walk to my front door while fiddling in my bag for the house keys.

As soon as I put the key in the lock I here Arden calling out for me behind the sound of closing a car door.

"I'll see you on Monday Arden" I say while hurrying to get inside, I watch as Arden stands at the edge of the curb watching me shut the door. I turn against the door and slide down it while breathing heavily.

What the hell just happened? Like did I seriously just kiss my boss, Arden? We were beginning to act so casual around each other at work, now this will make it all the more weird. I mean the kiss was outstanding but I can't be attracted to my boss that's like violating some type of code in the work force.

I put my hand against my chest trying to calm my breathing and my fast heartbeat as I still lay planted against the door. Fortunately Ethan wasn't here because if he was that would have been a whole different situation I would have to deal with and I can't begin to explain what just happened and how it made me feel.

I stand to my feet kicking off my heals and  jogging up to wash off and get into a fresh change of clothes.

As soon as I complete my wash and get into a comfy fit I head back down to get a bite of food, my phone vibrant in my pocket stopping me in my tracks. I walk over to the dining table to message my aching feet while opening my phone to check the notification.

A message from Kylo pops up just as I open the phone and I quickly click on the message to read what it say.

Kylo: hey M, can we talk?

I quickly shoot him a reply not really bothering to ask what there is to talk about. All I wanted to know is when and where. I hadn't talked with Kylo in weeks and knowing him- he's not really the type to tell you something important over text, meeting up is the best way to it.

I waited about five minutes for a reply, and as soon as he gives me the address and tells me when, the front door lock clicks, and Ethan come strutting in while stumbling with every step he takes.

His eyes scan the house until they stop on me, a huge smile spreads across his lips and he parts them to speak, "H-hey baby sis how are you?" Even when drunk Ethan always needs to know about everyone's well being.

I stand to my feet, crossing my arms over my chest and eyeballing him, "Are you drunk?"

"W-what-what's that?"

Obviously knowing he's way out of it I walk over while he still has the big smile on his face. "Were you seriously driving drunk Ethan?" I look at him in utter disappointment and grab his keys out of his hands.

"Lighten up, I'm- I'm gonna go fall right over there on th-that couch. Where's Kelli?" Ethan says, slurring his words and pointing towards the couch.

I cock my head towards him after hearing Kelli's name come out his mouth, why would he even be asking about Kelli?

"At work like you should be, go rest I'll bring you back something so you won't get a hangover" I say to Ethan while putting on my boots as he plops on the couch.

As soon as his body hits the sofa the sound of snores emerge from him and I chuckle to myself while pulling a hoodie on and leaving.

Just as I pull up outside the diner, Kylo texts me telling me where to sit and that he'd be there any minute. All this does seem a bit weird. Kylo's been gone for so long and now he's back the same day as Arden?

The only thing I can think of is that they somehow made up over these weeks they were gone and now Kylo is telling me everything is good and he's coming back, but Arden just opened up to me on how he felt towards Kylo so that can't be the case.

I enter the familiar cafe and walk over to the booth that Kylo and I sat the first time we met up since we seen each other. Memories come flooding back to his friendly laugh and I can't help but smile as I gaze across from me towards the empty side of the booth.

Knocking me from my thoughts, Kylo sits on the opposite side of me with his hood covering his loose messy curls and his hands tucked in his hoodie pocket. His eyes look sunk in and red like he barely got any sleep at all, he completely turned around for the worst since I last saw him.

I blink a few times and smile at him while slightly waving my hand, once he sees my actions he smiles back and his eyes instantly light up.

"Do you want anything?" He asks gesturing his thumb towards the front counter. I shake my head and he nods in agreement leaning back against his chair.

Silence pours over us and Kylo's eyes wonder off scanning the diner and constantly looking towards the entrance from time to time.

Concern fills my insides and I reach over and touch his hand that's placed one the counter, "Are you okay Kylo? What's going on?" I ask and just as my hand touches his, he yanks his hand back quickly as he looks at me in horror causing me to flinch.

Once he recognizes me his eyes soften and he shakes his head before rubbing his eyes slightly, "I'm sorry Mia, I've just been really anxious lately" he admits.

"anxious about what?" I question while watching him closely. He did look nervous and scared about something, and his entire body appears to be shivering.

"That's exactly what I wanted to talk to you about" he says, pausing to remove his hood and slide his hands through his wet hair, "I think you should stay away from me and Arden" he continues, staring deeply into my eyes.

I narrow my eyebrows in confusion at his request, why would I need to stay away from them? What's going on and what's making Kylo look so distressed lately?

"Wh-" Just as my words begin to come out, Kylo cuts me off while leaning in over the small table.

"We have enemies, it's dangerous" he whispers, leaving chills on my neck and down my back.