25

Every single day for the last week and almost every second of the day, I waited by my phone for the call from Arden, the call he promised me after storming out his office once I informed him on the news.

Yeah it was pretty fucked up that I so bluntly tried to talk to him about it when Kylo clearly told me to stay away. I should have just did my job and avoided Arden like I said I would.

Because that's exactly what Arden is doing to me, things happen between us and it's like he avoids it and never brings it up again like this all isn't new for him. I bet if I never say a word to him we'd go on with our lives and it will never been mentioned or explained.

I'm sure he's had many assistants before me and maybe he fired them because they were in the same exact position I am in right now, they'd have very small intimate moments with him and then go weeks not talking about it and like me they wanted to know further and understand what was going on between them.

Arden probably got fed up with their constant assumptions on his feelings and he fired them because they were making it too obvious that they were having low flings with him. No matter my personal feelings for him or me wanting to know his I could not lose my job for all this. I've had a simple crush on lots of people and just because your assistant likes you, that means you fire them?

After all, all of this could be just me overthinking as always, I had and have a weird obsession when it comes to overthinking and it seems like my overthinking always overtakes me when I go on my mental morning runs.

No matter how loud my music is playing through my headphones, no matter how tough my breathing is and how hot my body gets to the brink of sweating, No matter how fast I run or how far I run my thoughts always intervene with everything.

As I turn the corner to my street I drag my sweaty palms down my shirt to reach in my pocket and fish for my phone. I pull it to view while still watching as I jog down the street and I search for any new notifications, no missed calls or recent text messages.

By now it's Friday and I'll just have to accept the fact he won't call me, I already planned when he calls to give him back his car he lent to me. I'd even try and give it back to him at work but every time I go up to see him someone on the way tells me he's either not in today or I just missed him because he fled to an interview or a meeting.

Obviously I didn't believe it he's literally avoiding me purposely. I could have easily called him for myself and to give him back his car but then again I don't have his personal cell, I only have the company phone number and if I call it- it would send right to the front desk rather than him.

I tuck my phone back in my pocket just as I reach my porch to my front door. I twist the knob walking straight in a while still panting due to the hour run I just completed. Lately, I've been trying to incorporate extra time on myself just to push myself past my limited comfort zone.

I close the door behind me, kicking off my shoes and pulling out my headphones. Once the music is from my ears I clearly hear large laughter and small movements. I turn my head towards the living room only to find Ethan and Kelli laughing while playing cards.

After catching my breath I mange to get out a couple words, "oh hey Kellz, I didn't know you were here" I manage to say.

Kelli and Ethan jump at the sound of my voice, looking back at me surprisingly, "Yeah, I just got here about twenty minutes ago" she smiled lightly.