27

Arden lets go of me taking two steps back per usual just to put some distance between us, I always admired that about him. He respects my space when I need it most, but tonight, he showed that with alcohol, all that mattered was him.

I quickly descend my position of lying on my back and I quickly lift my body and turn to look at him dead in the eyes. His facial response shows he knows exactly why I'm so pissed.

I take a deep breath looking away from him, so I won't further agitate myself, "What's wrong with you?" I question, dusting off any trace of him.

"Nothing," he responds with a sigh.

I scoff looking at him in disgust and he has a frown planted on his face before letting out a huge sigh. He glides his hand through his hair while pacing around the room before exiting somewhere and coming back with a glass of water, he downs in within seconds and places it on the glass coffee table in front of the sofa.

"Why would you kiss me like that?" I question in an irritable tone. "I thought the next time we kissed it would be similar to the last one or preferably better but I almost gagged at your meaningless lustful actions" I sigh out, Arden looks at me with shock exactly at the moment I mentioned the next time we kissed.

He parted his lips to speak but stopped before gently rubbing the back of his neck and looking away, "I just thought you'd like it"

"Why the fuck would I like that? Especially when you put no fucking emotions into it!" I yell turning to face him in my seat. That's the last reply I expected him to say, I thought he'd say something along the lines of I wasn't acting myself, I made a mistake, I'm sorry.

"I just-"

"You just what, Arden? You thought I'd like that because what?" I question, my eyes widen at the sudden thought.

"You thought I'd like that because I had sex with you the first night we met? You think you can you use that as an excuse to treat me like I'm nothing?" I question, my eyes beginning to fill with tears again.

From the start, I knew that's precisely the reason for all this, he's been buttering me up for this moment, and I let my guard down when I started falling for him. I knew his true intentions from the start and I should have stuck with just being his assistant. I know we've only kissed 'besides that night' once but I felt something all the other times we smiled at each or he'd give me his famous playboy smirk or even just our friendly conversations and hangouts. I honestly thought we were building chemistry but maybe that was one sided too.

He looks at me with his brows furrowed and his eyes now widened, "What?"

I scoff silently, reaching to push my hair behind my ear and wipe away the few tears that escaped my swollen eyes.

I let out a small laugh while shaking my head, this was no where near the laugh of enjoyment. I was pissed and utterly disturbed by his behavior once again.

"Why are you playing dumb again Arden?" I cry out simply just wanting to know now more than anything.

"Mia I don't know what you're talking about, we didn't do anything that night" he says softly sympathetic.

"I clearly remember waking up with all my clothes off of my body" I argue pulling my legs to my chest and hugging them close, my throat was becoming sore fairly fast and Arden was watching me with more than enough empathy. He could stare at me all night like he felt awful for the way he was making me feel but when will he ever acknowledge it? Explain everything. Was I clearly just being delirious and I didn't notice? Or were my accusations real and Arden was just too afraid to admit it.