Butterfly's Kiss

It was late in the night when I woke from the bed I'd been staying in. Four days had passed since Jungkook awoke, four days that allowed me to sort through my head.

Yoongi was getting better but he had deeper wounds than Jungkook, plus Jimin insisted Jungkook's natural healing had improved. Of course he also attributes this to me, because I'm technically not fully human, but I am human enough to be mated to a Dragon.

In these four days we had learned very little about North Tower, almost all the Kings had gone there. Only Yoongi, Jungkook, and Jimin remained. Even so, Jimin was expected to leave again soon. I didn't bother putting on a robe since the night air was warm, but not too warm.
I walked around the halls, not really having a destination in mind. This time I didn't go to the little garden, no that was surely where I'd find him. So I went to the one other place I knew and felt comfortable- My little Library room.
I walked in, the lights dim as I squinted slightly to see my way to the back shelving. I pulled the book and the bookcase opened and as it opened a small envelope dropped from the very small crack between the secret entrance and the normal shelving. I picked it up and entered the little room, closing the secret door behind me. As I examined the envelope and pushed the door closed there was sudden resistance. I turned and looked down immediately thinking I accidentally dropped a book and now it was getting wedged between the shelving and the door.

Of course, what I found was a boot. A black, slick looking boot. Then hands, larger than mine so clearly a man's. Then his hair, that green. The eyes that were familiar and flashed as they had done every time I see him.

"So this is where my little butterfly hides from me?" He asked as he pushed the door opened and stepped inside. I stood back, making sure not to get too close. Unfortunately for me Jungkook shut the secret door and pulled the chair over, turning it around so the back was facing me. He straddled the chair and that cocky grin of his appeared again.

"N-no.." I managed to get out the one word. He took a deep breath, and for some reason I felt the need to do the same. I exhaled before him, and he just grinned widely.

"So this isn't where you hide from me? Are you sure?" He asked again. I tried to regain composure, tried to get my words in order in my head before I spoke them to him.

"Not from you... this is where Ruby and Sapphire kept me while we figured stuff out... I.. I can um, well I can read this language like I told you and the other Kings..." I tried not to look directly at him, why did he make me so damn nervous?

"Right. Because you're not completely human, but you're human enough to be my mate. With any luck, my true mate." He folded his arms over his chest. "Does that scare you?" he asked, I don't know why he'd ask that. Maybe I was visibly shaking, or maybe he had noticed my habit of quickly retreating these run-ins we had.

"Scared isn't the word I'd use..." I answered.

"Oh? Then which word fits it best?" He asked.

"More like... cautious." I replied.

"Cautious, so this is just you being cautious?" He questioned.

"Yes. no. yes." I was nervous, and his chuckle at my words didn't exactly help.

"You're cute when flustered. I also like when you flutter away from me, it makes me want to chase you more." He grinned and I had another mini heart attack. "Because you're not fully human, I believe you healed me.. or at least helped me to heal myself. Your scent it's... hard to explain but it does things to me. So..." He took a slight step forward and grinned again as I tried to step back but couldn't go anywhere.

"I'm going to thank you for helping me, but I need to know you're ready for that kind of thank you." He looked me up and down for a moment. "I don't think now is the time, you let me know when you're ready. I'll be anywhere you like, anywhere at all." He smirked and pulled the door open as he stood, before slowly backing out. He winked at me and blew me a kiss. All while stood there like a moron not able to form words or thoughts because being in that small room with him, with his scent swirling around me- Well lets just say I was soaked, and surprised he hadn't noticed and taken that as an invite.
After he had gone I pulled the chair back to me and slumped down in it. I sat there with my head on the little desk that was against the wall. Sighing to myself as I wondered what the hell I was going to do. I forgot about the envelop in my hand, and when I brought that hand to the desk to sit up I stared at it for a bit. Who would leave a note for me? Maybe Ruby or one of the other girls but I was sure they'd come tell me face to face. I looked closely at it now that I was alone, there was an odd looking wax seal at the back. It was a silver colored wax, the design in the center was the odd part. It looked like a lock with a dragon curved to make the handle of the lock. It looked cool but it still gave me no clue as to who sent it.
I sat back in the chair and decided I needed to open it now or else I'd just be sitting here questioning it till I broke and opened it anyway. I pulled the wax seal up, digging my thumb nail under it to lift it up. It lifted pretty easily, easier than I expected anyway. I pulled each flap open until I could see it was a single piece of thick parchment with words scribbled in the center.

The Mountain will open when the next phoenix is born.

Don't wait too long to be born little Dragon, you are all needed.
We are always watching.

There was only that, a confusing note... but from who? Who aside from Ruby, Sapphire and the others knew I was in here? Jungkook only knew because... well I assume he followed me or someone told him.

"What the hell?" I breathed out as I stared at the piece of paper. What should I do? The mountain will open? The mountain that we need to go to? There's a door right? So.. how to get in? This means it's only opened at certain times? How? Why? There were too many more questions now. I needed to show this note to some... anyone. Sadly it was the middle of the night and the only person I knew was awake... would surly give me a heart attack.
"Alright.. gotta suck it up buttercup... need to tell someone and he's trustworthy." I tried to coax myself into some courage, I definitely needed it.

I made my way to his room. It hadn't been too long, so surely he's still awake. The large wooden doors were intimidating, or maybe it was just my nerves.
I knocked twice, two light taps. Maybe I should have knocked harder but I was honestly trying my best to keep myself calm. No answer, I sighed in relief then shook my head at myself for being this nervous. I needed to talk to him, needed to know what it meant.. and a part of it, the only part I had a feeling I was correct on- was that this mysterious person was writing to me to tell me to just accept my face, that I am Jungkook's mate and there was no reason for my hesitance. I really didn't know why I was hesitant, maybe I was too cautious.

I decided to be more like my usual self- forward and in charge... even if I hated it. I opened the door, darkness with only one dim lamp still burning. It didn't help me see much but I grabbed the handle of the lamp and carried it with me so I wouldn't trip in the darkness.
I made my way up to where his bed was, pulling back the sheer curtain and stepping carefully along the floor. He seemed to be asleep in his bed... already?
I sighed softly, approaching his bedside. Sure enough, he was breathing softly, lips slightly parted, eyes closed. He was laying on his back, shirt on and blankets pulled up around his torso. I drew in a deep breath and debated if I should wake him up.
My eyes wouldn't leave his lips though, those soft pink plush lips that just... I couldn't explain it. I just knew they felt nice, tasted nice from what I'd let myself experience. I liked his scent too, it had been following me around since I got here. It was an earthy sweetness I wanted to bottle and keep with me always. It made me feel a lot of things at once but all of them good.
I was too into my own mind, thoughts, to see I was leaning over him from the side of his bed. My face close but not close enough. He was beautiful... well, he was always beautiful, especially in the moonlight surrounded by flowers. I needed to taste him, just once.
I let my lips press against his, it was a quick soft kiss. And it left me unsatisfied. I needed to be brave... I mean nothing bad was going to happen. He was asleep, so leaving one good kiss wouldn't do anything.
I leaned in again, this time I parted my lips against his and kissed him. I didn't stay long, as my whole body felt like it was being set on fire, a cool earthy fire... if that makes sense. I started to pull away, my eyes focused on his lips, he stirred suddenly and I couldn't control myself. I ran, bolted out of the room without seeing if I even woke him up.

If only I hadn't dropped the note....