Safe

(Emerald's POV)

"Well don't you look lovely." I smiled as I received the death glare from Citrine.

"I swear... if you didn't bring me a brush at least – I'm going to have to kill you in your sleep." She replied. I giggled and titled my head to the side.

"How? You can't move unless you want to bust a stitch- AND even if you could move you have no idea where my room is." I smirked. She rolled her eyes and I giggled at her action.

"Knock Knock- Man entering, are we decent?" Jimin checked before entering.

"We're fine Jimin, come up here and change the heap of a mess's bandages." I giggled. Citrine hissed at me and I had to laugh a bit more. Jimin walked behind me over to the side of Citrine's bed.

"Glad to see you're awake, coherent, and... seem to be healing nicely." He said to her.

"Don't bother complimenting her Jimin, she looks horrible." I teased with a big smile. Citrine glared at me again and I could help but laugh.

"Sister Emerald, I'll ask you to not make fun of my patient as long as she's in my care. Unless... you want me to tell my loving wife that YOU ate that last slice of Jin's Pom-Pom fruit cake." Jimin smirked as he looked at me. I stopped laughing.

"You wouldn't." I proclaimed.

"Oh but I would." He smiled so sweetly and I knew it was a ploy. I wouldn't consider me and Jimin super close, but I knew him well enough to know he'd certainly rat me out to his wife.. his very pregnant wife who was close to popping. Both her and Ruby had been hell the last few days since we got back. Amethyst was back now, resting in the room next to this one. I was about to go over there after some heavy teasing to Citrine.

"She's pregnant, she'll kill me." I pleaded.

"Then say you're sorry." He replied as he opened his bag and started inspecting Citrine's bandages.

"Sorry..." I pouted. Citrine smiled and then proceeded to flip me off. "You've been around Ruby lately..." I commented. Citrine just grinned and nodded. I huffed and waved.

"I'm going to see Ames. I'm sure she wants the company." I said as I headed out.

"Come back and have lunch with me later." Citrine called with a small smile.

"I will. Love you!" I yelled as I hurried out of the room and over to Ames's. I only teased Citrine for fun, plus she knew I did it because I missed her. She wouldn't admit it but she knew it was out of love and she liked it.

"Knock knock" I said as I poked my head into the room.

"Come on in." Ames's voice was soft and from the lightness she was feeling a bit better after some rest.

"Hey little lilac." I grinned at her.

"Hey." She replied.

"Sleep good?" I asked.

"Mhm. Long sleep. And someone came in with breakfast." She smiled softly, she still looked a bit pale.

"You'll get better soon. Then I'll show you around here." I said with a bright smile. We talked for a bit, she remembers being saved but she wasn't too clear on how. She told me what they'd done, how they were hurt and asked so many questions. None of them they would have been able to answer. As much as she told me not to worry- I couldn't help it. These were my friends. I knew the others felt the same, we had felt so powerless. We couldn't get to our friends and protect them, what was the point of being supposedly special if we can't do something simple like that.