A Cave Of Wonder

Darkness began to thin out, I noticed we were in a more open part of this cave. Ahead we saw flickering lights. Torches lined this hallway like path, we walked more and came to another very open area, this area had some wooden posts and a giant hole in the middle with a few lanterns that were dangling from the ceiling. We stepped up to a wooden platform, and there were stairs leading all the way down around the giant hole.

"I guess we go down." Jungkook smirked at me as he wriggled his eyebrows and spoke. I rolled my eyes but giggled at his slightly childish innuendo. We made our way down the staircase before us, Jungkook was steady and careful, making sure the stairs were not going to break away. They looked old and they shook when we stepped down with each step.

It took us a little while to reach the bottom, more torches hung on each side of an archway. We stepped forward toward the opening to continue when a voice came from behind us.

"I was wondering when we'd see the Kulaas and Jul here. She said you'd come." The voice was deep, rough. We turned to see a tall well built man standing behind us with his arms folded over his chest. He was dressed in a dark cloth tunic and pants, he has a sword at his side and deep gray eyes.

"Oora told you we were coming?" Jungkook asked. The man scoffed and walked passed us.

"Not her little Jul." He said with his rough voice as he walked by. He walked into the next section, a long corridor it seemed. "This way Kulaas." He instructed us to follow. Jungkook let me ahead of him, he kept an eye on me as I followed the man who didn't even bother giving us his name. The corridor was narrow, but fairly tall. Torches aligned the walls and led us into a much wider open area of this cave, far below where we were before.
This new area was not only well lit by lanterns hanging on rope that was strung up, but there were torches in tall metal holders that helped light the area. Tents were set up all over the place, there were people everywhere walking around. Some talking in groups, some sharpening weapons and making baskets and other items as we walked through.

There was hut on the other side of this large area, the door to the hut opened up as we got closer. An older woman in a long green moss-like gown that draped on the cave floor.

"Ah, Kulaas and Jul." She said as she bowed slightly. She looked between us with a smile and held her hand out to me. "Come, come Kulaas. We see you now. See all of you now." She said. I was very confused by her words, that was until we entered the hut.
Inside there were six other older people kneeling on hand crafted cushions that were placed in a circle.
"Jul, Stand over here. Kulaas. Undress and stand in the center." The older woman ordered.

"I'm sorry what?" Jungkook asked as though he hadn't heard what she said. He looked in disbelief.

"No worried Jul. Stand." She led him to a chair just outside of the circle along the far right side of the hut.

"You want me to undress? Completely?" I asked, not sure what the hell kind of demand this was. Apparently my expression gave away the sudden overwhelming awkwardness and discomfort because this random older woman came back to me and placed her hands on my shoulders.

"You can call me Nia. I am the seer, we are not here to cause you discomfort Kulaas. I just need to see what I see more clearly. For that I need you to lose your clothing and stand in the center of this circle. I promise no harm, you're one of us." She said in a soothingly calm voice. I nodded and looked to Jungkook. He sighed but nodded as he sat down in the seat Nia had shown him.

I undressed, with some help from Nia. I noticed no one around the circle was looking at me and I was thankful for that. I still felt odd... not even ten minutes of meeting these people and here I was getting naked and standing in some circle that could be summoning the devil for all I know.