Small Things

"So." Namjoon smiled as he crouched low to the boy. "My sisters here tell me you witnessed something?" He asked the boy, he seemed a lot more nervous now that he was in front of all of us, the Kings were making him especially nervous.

"Oh goodness sake... Namjoon, you're scaring the boy." Pearl spoke up, thank god. Out of all of us she was the most motherly. She seemed to glide over to the boy and she sat down, her dress spreading around her legs on the floor.

"Don't be scared. Do you have a name?" She asked softly as she smiled at him. He smiled back and nodded to her. "I'm Pearl. May I know your name?" She questioned as she held her hand out to him. He looked at her hand, then looked at his younger brother and sister beside him. He grabbed Pearl's hand and shook it with his own.

"I'm Sean. This is my brother Toby and our sister Beth." He replied as he finished their handshake. Pearl smiled at them and nodded.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you." She replied.

"A-are you... really a Queen?" Toby spoke up to ask. Pearl giggled and nodded.

"Yes, so are my sisters here. Toby... Sean. I am missing two of my sisters, and my sister Sapphire and Sister Emerald over there say you said something about two women being taken when you thought men in red armor were after you?" She asked slowly. Sean looked at Toby for a moment.

"We escaped, because father taught me how if things get bad." He said slightly nervously. Pearl's eyes stayed on him, never giving any hint of anything but pure love and care from her expression.

"I'm glad your father taught you so well, you're a very brave boy Sean. Is there more?" She asked. His lips curled up on either side and he nodded, a little less fear in him than before.

"We left the Old tower house in the north, they followed our tracks and caught up with us. By then, we'd gone inland more- no longer on the coast. They lost us for a day because we got lucky and jumped in the back of a hay cart. We hid there till we got near the boroughs. Another group of them caught sight of us near the farms there. We were going to hide in the barn towards the back but when we got close we heard two ladies inside." He shook a little bit, nerves getting to him. "We went to the other one but it was hard to sleep once we heard them, they were looking for us. It was so dark but I could see them enough.. making out their shadows until two of them lit torches and we.. we heard... they screamed... one of the ladies screamed more than the other and... and.." He was starting to shake more. Pearl embraced him and pulled her down to her. She held him close, gently stroking his hair.

"Shh shh, there there my brave boy. You're alright now." She comforted him and he sobbed against her. Namjoon stepped forward and rested his hand on the boy's head.

"You've done well." He said with a tone of encouragement.

"The ladies..... hair was golden, and the other was like the wildflowers in the old shop mama use to go to." Toby spoke up, seeing his older brother break down after staying strong for so long. Pearl looked up at him and held her arms out for him too.

"That's them... Citrine's hair is too easy of a give-away." Ruby spoke up.

"We can't just all go down there. They'll have it well guarded if they're there." Taehyung held Ruby close to him as he spoke.

"It's too risky." Yoongi commented. "We could send the scouts but we're thin on them. A team of three might be able to cover only half the ground up that way. Add in the fact the coast is being taken over by the rebels little by little. It will be risky to send too many- But sending too few can also end in failure." He spoke like a well seasoned military man. I felt a nudge and Jungkook looked down at me. He seemed to be signaling something, he jerked his head toward Yoongi... oh..