A Moment

(Citrine's POV)

I heard her scream.... High pitched, blood curdling scream that made me jolt awake. And there they were... the robes, crimson...

"Let her go!" It was all I could scream out before a hand holding a very sharp blade made it's way around me from behind. The shimmering steel placed at my throat by an unknown person. A person who's breathing was playing in my ear.

"Shut the fuck up, Whore." The only man wearing a black robe instead of crimson spoke. His voice laced with venom. "You will do as I command or we can make this so much worse for you both." He sneered.
Nodding was the only thing I could do, but carefully as the sharp metal was still against my skin. It was permitted, I had to think of Ames, who had fought back and was being subdued. The cut on her arm, a cut that ripped off the remaining sleeve of her dress... the blood that was dripping from the flesh wound. I took it all in, I wanted to remember it, what they had done to her. I looked at the faces of the ones around us. They too... I took in each appearance.
I tried to tell Ames not to fight back, they had found us.. there was nothing we could do but wait. Till then... till then I would take it all in.
How they tied our hands behind our backs and walked us out of the seemingly abandoned shack on some farm land that we managed to find hours before this ambush. How they made sure our eyes were covered and the knots of rope were tight enough to prevent escape. How my senses that remained seemed to heighten and allow me to smell salty air after a very long and bumpy ride in what I presumed was some sort of cart. I felt Amethysts hands against my fingers, and I took hold and gave her hand a squeeze to assure her I was still here with her, listen... sensing as best as I could.
Salty air meant we were near salt water... the ocean. I silently prayed that Lee would be able to find us by some miracle.

•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○

(Emerald's POV)

Power

I could feel it.

Don't hold it in... they're coming for us.

The thought of losing the others.

We're all scared deep down.

But we're more than that fear now.

We have them, and they have us. We can't be careless, we must end this.

I opened my eyes and sat up, my body felt heavier than usual. Jungkook wasn't beside me and I started to question where he was as our temporary shelter seemed empty. Just as my thoughts became more clear and my vision less blurry, Jungkook entered through the opening with some fresh fruit.

"Here my little butterfly. Eat up and we can start our way back. I sent word ahead that we would be returning." He said softly as he handed me some fruit. I ate, he joined me, gently stroking my hair. It was nice, peaceful, quiet.
Once we were done we packed up, a sudden guest walked up as we came out of our little home in the mountain.

"Kulaas. Jul. Greetings." Nia spoke as she handed over a basket of baked goods. "These are for your Journey Kulaas. And this..." Nia motioned for one of the warriors here who was carrying something. A long dark redwood box. I looked between her and the box, questioningly.
"This would belong to you, Kulaas." She said as she turned, opened the box to reveal a very shiny sword. It was silver and green, with gemstones of various colors on the handle. It was firm, sturdy. Nia handed it to me and I hesitated for a moment to take it from her.

"It's yours Kulaas. It belonged to us, our royal kind- The ones who led us. It belongs to you, it is your birthright. Now that you are whole again." She smiled softly and this time I took the sword in my hands and examined it more. Jungkook seemed just as interested.