Between Us

"And you thought writing them back was a good idea?" Yoongi asked as a nurse rubbed a thick cream on his leg. We stood there waiting as he got his treatment done for the day. Apparently this cream was a must for him to heal faster.

"Well.. yes. I mean if they're watching me, it would be good to be in communication with them. Would it?" I was suddenly feeling unsure of myself.

"And what did Jungkook think of... you haven't told him have you?" He ended up answering his own question as he looked at me. I had that oops look because I didn't know what to say. Of course I didn't tell Jungkook yet. First off, can't tell someone who isn't around and hasn't been around all day. Secondly, what would I say? Okay so maybe I could have just told him like I was telling Yoongi, but Yoongi is better with this stuff I thought. Least that's the impression I got.

"You didn't tell him. You didn't tell him and you thought coming to me was the better approach." He sighed heavily, his red hair hanging in his face a bit. He brushed it back and got up once the nurse finished and cleaned up. She hurried along soon after as Yoongi stood in front of us.

"This is new to me too." I tried to reason. "I'm not use to any of this and I've been in a bunker for... weeks? I don't even know how long. Then to come here and be stuck in a- well in a place that's not too different. Only recently have I actually walked around this place." He seemed to be distracted for a moment.

"Let's assume they mean you and us no harm. Let's assume they are trying to help. If they're not going to present themselves, how can we be sure who they are? Would we be able to tell them apart in a group of rebels?" He waited a moment, but I didn't have an answer. "I'm not saying you did the wrong thing. But precaution wasn't taken either."

"I understand. I just wanted to try and help in any way I could, and maybe they can help." I tried to reason. I understood the precautions need to be taken, I just wasn't thinking of any of that through well enough.

"It's fine. Let me or Jungkook know if you get a reply." He said as he headed for the door. "We got word that the others are fine. North tower has been oddly quiet still. I'll be heading out to west Tower in the morning. I have things to check on for now though, so if you'll both excuse me." He opened the door and we nodded to him before making our way out into the hall. We said our brief goodbyes, not wanting to hold him up any longer than necessary.

"Lady Emerald?" I heard call from behind us. I turned to the voice, as did Sapphire. A guard in Green that gave away who's orders he was under. "Please follow me." He instructed. I looked to Sapphire who smirked and shrugged.

I followed behind the tall armored man, Sapphire was left behind. Or so I thought...

I followed this man out to the back garden, he led me to the left around the first large fountain. The Hedges started to look familiar and I recognized them from before, we were nearing that smaller garden, well the other side of it.

I noticed the girls standing in a line, even Sapphire and I wondered how she got here before me. What was more strange was that the Kings seemed to be back from North Tower as well.. but I thought...

Suddenly I was struck with the sight of him, that dark hair that had the tint of deep green to it. Hair hanging over his eyes a bit. He was wearing a deep dark green tunic like top with loose silky looking pants of the same color to match.

I noticed a few kitchen maids that I'd seen before, all three seemed to be looking at me with disgusted faces. Iredia was the one to come up to me, she motioned for something to the side and my handmaidens came seemingly out of nowhere and started to fix my hair and slip a soft green robe over me. Iredia placed something around my neck and wrist. She smiled at me as she fastened the stones around my wrist.