II. Eleven

chapter two

★  may 21st 2019

the dingy wooden sign placed on top of the small, one storey station already makes their head whirl with incoherent thoughts. the letters painted aren't even visible under broad daylight, nonetheless it reads 'eyesonme - police' that probably stood there as soon as the town charted being a  territory.

eleven heads stared up from the top, until their eyes landed to the dusted steps that leads to the two-way door. and as if on cue, everyone looked at each other. signaling whether to whom will first take the step closer to the station.

"i doubt it's her," wonyoung said. her fuzzy blue sailor like uniform blows onto her face. she just got out of school with yujin, and this place is definitely one of the most unexpected trip she imagined.

chaewon clicked her tongue, "i agree with you,"

the wind blew stronger again, their hair sticking on their face like glue. "it's better to check," hitomi said, pushing her round glasses up to her nose.

"in line," eunbi said as she takes a step, leading the other ten girls behind her. her mary janes scratched, probably by a cat.

the four bells rang on top of their heads when eunbi opened the door. there, a sleeping officer with a newspaper covering her face welcomed them, and the coffee, too.

"hello?" eunbi taps the table, merely scaring the shit out of the officer. she smiled, taking off any traces of tiredness like she wasn't asleep seconds earlier.

eleven pair of eyes looked at her, bored, anxious and probably scared.

"im seulgi," the officer introduces her name. "the police officer," she further said, gaining a few hums of acknowledgement from the girls.

seulgi's eyes almost disappeared as she smiles widely, and widely, but no one bothered to reciprocate the smile. shaking her head, she got a case from a cabinet. opening it up, jumbled pieces of photographs and documents were seen.

"please round up, paramedics on hand if one of you faints," seulgi said as she eyes the paramedic, a first aid kit already hugged between her arms and chest.

the officer shuffled until she got a clear picture of the unknown murdered girl. grimacing as she did so.

"here," she puts three pictures on the table. the eleven girls immediately tip toeing to see the black-and-white photos.

seulgi anticipated cries, or maybe someone falling on the floor, but no reaction was made.

"what do we do now," sakura said. "it's her," her tone flat, but has a tinge of worry.

yena pursed her lips, picking the close-up picture of their friend. "it really is her, kang hyewon,"

seulgi snickers, a faint smirk on her lips. "well then, if i were one of you; i would rather be putting a distance from everyone,"

eunbi is still stood frozen, her hands gripping on her girlfriend's picture.

yujin chimed in. "why?" she asked confused on the officer's statement. her hands, though, still tight interlocked with wonyoung's.

"it's because the suspect is one of you,"

꩜ httpcherryulcola
when i said major editing, i mean re-doing all the paragraphs coz my writing back then is shitty as fuck😜