Chapter 3 - Unknown Secret

"UNO!"

"That's not fair! You can't do that!"

"Calm down, Autumn, She can do that,"

"No, she can't!"

Listening to their argument I slipped a note on to the table telling them to put the cards in my desk once they were done, Then I slid off the tables seat and skipped down to the bench.

"Is it another argument?" Jay asked from behind me.

"Yea, Where are the others?" I said to Jay as I looked around.

"I dunno. I'll go see if they're training," Jay clicked his fingers and a portal opened allowing him to step through and disappear. As the portal started closing I could sense that someone was behind me.

"Who's behind me?" I say, knowing the answer already.

"It's just us," Jay replies.

"Oh, Hey guys!" I say turning around.

"Hey!" Cole says with a slice of cake in his hand.

"Uhh, Why do you have cake?"

"Uhhhhhh," Once Cole realised a lie wasn't going to appear in his mind, He said, "I sorta stole it from the pantry..." I sigh.

"You're a ninja and you steal... Wow..."

"Sorry..." Mumbles Cole.

"Anyway, how are you guys?"

"Everyone's fine... Except for Kai and Nya..." Zane says trying to keep his sentence a whisper.

"We are PERFECTLY fine!" Kai and Nya yell in sync.

"Well, that rules out them being fine," I mutter to Zane as the siblings start yelling at each other.

"What happened?" I ask trying to break up the argument.

"Nya almost told my secret to everyone!" Kai shouts. I was sure that if he were real everyone on the planet would've heard him.

"Well... She didn't, so why are you mad?" I try to tell Kai knowing that he would yell more if I didn't say the right thing.

"Ugh! Fine!" He growls storming off to the bench. I turn to the rest of my friends.

"At least he's not yelling anymore...?" Suggests Cole.

As everyone starts talking about training, I lead Nya away from everyone.

"Nya! How could you almost tell the secret!?" I questioned her in a shouting whisper.

"Look! I didn't mean to! He was getting on my nerves!" She said defending herself.

"I know he can be like that sometimes, Nya, But you have to keep that secret! You have been trusted with it! And who knows what Kai would do to you or me if anyone else finds out!"

"But what else was I supposed to do?! Let him keep ignoring me for no apparent reason?!"

"Nya! He is your brother! You're supposed to work it out, agree on something! Not yell out each other's deepest secrets!" By now, I was practically yelling. Nya stood silent.

"Sorry, I should be happy you didn't finish saying my secret..." Said Kai walking towards us. Nya thought for a moment.

"Me too, I'm sorry for almost spilling your secret," Nya replies. Just as Nya finished her sentence the loud shriek of the bell made me jump. I sigh.

"Bye guys! Cya after school!" I cried running across the school field towards my class.

"Cya!" I hear behind me the noise of them stepping through a portal.

Ugh, they probably time-travelled to the future to skip waiting for me. I think to myself as I walk through my classes door. I wish I could do that too, skip an hour and a half of school time, sounds like a dream! I daydream of doing the same, walking through a portal that could send me to the time when everyone gets sent home for the weekends.