Chapter 19 - Gone

Lloyd's POV

I ran to him as fast as my tired feet could let me. Hope was welling up inside, maybe, just maybe if I quickly get to him and warm him up he'll be okay? I put my lantern down beside him and lifted his head. I sigh. Now came the part where I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it. I put my hand on his chest. One heartbeat... Two heartbeats! ... What... Where is the third one...? No... It hit me like a train, I was just a few seconds too late... because of me, Kai's dead. I couldn't believe it. How is it actually possible for me to be only a few seconds too late!?

"Kai, please! I know y-you can't be gone straight away! Please!" It was useless. Kai. Was. Gone. Completely gone. But my stupid brain didn't let me think so. "KAI!! PLEASE!!" I pleaded.

I was sure everyone outside the forest could hear that

I was sure everyone outside the forest could hear that. "NO! YOU CAN'T GO! NOT YET!" I broke into tears, everything around me becoming blurry and dark. I thought about what I was going to say next. There was nothing to say next but I still let myself believe his soul was still here. "Kai... Please... Ninjago needs you, we need you, Nya needs you..." I paused to take a deep breath. "I-I need you..." My heart was completely broken. I had been too late to save him. "Did you hear that? I hope so... 'Cause it really is true... I do need you," My world was now shattered, memories flashing through my head, so vivid, so happy. I was so distracted by them that I didn't even notice the light growing in between me and Kai. But then the light grew too bright for my dark mind to ignore. I looked up at the light, it was the point of connection between Kai's light line, and my light line. I didn't know what any of the bright lights meant but I knew it wasn't harmful. It kept glowing brighter and brighter until it exploded with a bit of force and I fell back a bit. Then blacked out.