Chapter 16 - Good News But Maybe Bad

Nya's POV Meanwhile

I had been searching for ages now, and I had just checked in with Zane to ask about the timer. Two hours left... I sighed. What could've possibly made Kai so angry? He knows I would never tell a soul about anything! Even if I was going to, I would make sure Kai trusts whoever I was going to tell! But I hadn't even thought of the idea... Something must've happened with the necklace- I stopped dead in my tracks. The necklace! Kai and I both have a necklace that allows us to talk to each other through our minds. I should've tried it before but I had completely forgotten of the idea as I wanted to just find him as fast as possible. Well, it's worth a shot...

'Kai...?' No answer, well maybe just not yet? Nope.

I waited and tried several times for ages as I kept walking as well as calling his name out loud, but I got nothing.

"Nya?" I jumped out of my skin in fear and happiness. Kai?! "Nya?! Can you hear me? It's Zane! I have some news!" Oh... not Kai. I picked up my communicator. I sigh.

"Hey, Zane...! What's up?"

"Oh good, well I'm quite sure Lloyd has a trace on Kai!" I gasp. Which Zane definitely heard.

Zane's POV

"Hah, I guess you're happy!"

"Of course I am! What's the trace?"

"Well, he found Kai's glove and footprints that aren't any of ours!" I left out the part about the glove being on the edge of the raven on purpose because that would just make Nya cry from being so worried and no-one would be there to comfort her. And of course, there's the part where Jay kills me for making Nya sad.

"Oh, Zane, that's great! I wish I could help Lloyd..."

"Oh. Well, actually you're gonna have to start to head back by you're rope... the timer says an hour and ten minutes now, I would've told you as soon as I put down the call between me and Lloyd but I had to tell the chief about it first."

Nya's POV

"Oh... It's fine, I'll head back now, Cya!"

"Bye," And that was that. Although I had a question for Zane... Why did he sound as if he was hiding something from me...?