Chapter 9 - Run Away

Lloyd's POV

Fighting up in the sky. It's actually quite rare. We're usually at the monastery or in the city, not the sky. I didn't quite notice as Kai came up, on his dragon to start fighting too. As I came back from my mind, I can see that Masha is grounded as she fades away mid-battle. It was all ok until we finally bet whatever the thing was and it blew up into swords. That's when ninja skills were useful as all of us were able to avoid all the katanas, I, however, avoided them I did, but on one of the last ones to fly my direction, flew so close to me it scared me which resulted in my elemental dragon disappearing. I was falling to the cold, hard ground. I was scared. Nothing to hold, catch, or grab onto. I faintly see a red blur missing me, then, it was just black.

I woke up to hear Jay yelling at Kai that he should've caught me

I woke up to hear Jay yelling at Kai that he should've caught me. When I say 'I woke up' I mean I had my eyes closed but I could hear.

"Y'know, Kai, never have I ever been so mad at you! But right now, Lloyd could never wake up, all because of you!" I hear Nya yell.

"W-what did I do?! For one, I wasn't the thing that exploded into swords, and two, I caught him but he had already hit the ground!" Kai was obviously mad, but something in his voice sounded off, as if... he was worried. There was silence for a while until a gasp came from who I think was Kai. "You what...?"

"What? What are you talking about...?"

"Y-you... told everyone..." At that moment I came to realisation and opened my eyes to see Kai looking around at all of us frantically. All of a sudden his eyes show fire, lots of it. "I CAN'T BELIEVE I TRUSTED YOU, NYA!!!" Came the loudest yell I had ever heard from Kai. Everyone flinched, including me, but Nya just gasped inaudibly. His eyes started turning back to normal as he turned to face the door. He was about to run out, but he first turned around to look Nya dead into her eyes. Now everyone could see that he was about to cry. "I can't believe that I still love you..." Kai said sharply and turned quickly to the door and ran out. Now we had seen all of Kai.

 Now we had seen all of Kai

Lost in Firefly Forest Book 1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara