Chapter 14 - The Soulmate Tale

Masha's POV

Myth is a better word to describe the tale, as it happened and only one person saw it, and no-one believes someone with no proof! But the tale is still told, mostly around the small towns and villages the surround Ninjago City. I'm telling you all of this since some people believe in this tale, Kai is a good example. He, himself has witnessed it. It happened long ago when Kai was a little kid and had only just started becoming happy again. But I won't tell you that story, Kai's gonna tell that. I'm here to tell you the Soulmate Tale. Firstly, everyone knows what a Soulmate is, right? It's not a foreign concept. Well, I'll give you a brief summary of a Soulmate anyway. A Soulmate is someone who you are meant to be with. A lover, best friend, really anything along those lines. But in Ninjago, The Soulmate Tale goes like this.

'No-one knows their Soulmate, it's not an actual thing. But if a loved one, a friend, coworker- anyone special to you is in trouble, your heart will shine and then lead a wavey line of light towards your friend in trouble. The kick is, once you find them a bright light will shine in between you and them, and they will become ok again. But this only happens if you really care for the person and if they are close to, well, their death... Although if a person is dying of old age it won't show...'