Chapter 10 - I Might Be Lost

Kai's POV

I was mental. Nya had told my friends my deepest secret, or at least that's what she was thinking about, and somehow I still accepted her as my sister. The only thing I was thinking about is when I had to come back what would I say to them? What would they think of me? Would or could I still be their friend? I learnt in the past that not a lot of people accepted gayness around them, so I confined my secret to Masha and Nya only. Of course, Mathew knew as well, but now all of my friends knew too, I think... The one question that I couldn't stop thinking about is, did Nya tell them who I liked? If she even told them, and if she did... How would I approach him now? All of this thinking clouded my whole mind, so when I hear Nya's voice shouting something, I had a hard time coming to the realisation that I was about to hit a cliff and that scared me so much that my elemental dragon disappeared and I was now falling to the ground. I wasn't that far away from the ground, I knew that because I fell through leaves and branches and twigs almost immediately after falling. I realise that I had been flying above Firefly Forest. Straight away I braced myself for impact but when it didn't come, I opened my eyes to see that I was about to fall into a raven. Firefly Forest was a place that didn't allow magic or elemental powers so I couldn't even use my fire. The forest was also known for its ravens in the darkest part of the forest where even in day time it was night and snowing in the forest. All this thinking was either really fast or time had slowed down allowing time for me to think of all this, but either way, I was able to grab the edge of the cliff so I wouldn't fall into what seemed like a black hole below.

For a moment I thought I had ripped my arm off or something, as my arm had a sharp pain to it as I grabbed onto the frozen raven side. I tried pulling my self up and after a minute or two of struggle, I managed to climb up and get away from the raven, although my glove had gotten stuck on a branch or something and I couldn't take it back. Stopping by a tree nearby I realised something. The forest might not let powers in it, but the forest itself is made by magic, which means that the trees... can move. Teleport. So you can be going in circles without actually realising it because it never looks the same. I start to think of any possible way I might be able to get out of here but it seemed hopeless. In the end, I decided that standing around was only going to make me freeze from the weird weather inside the forest's leafy cover, so I started walking in the opposite direction in which I was flying in.

 In the end, I decided that standing around was only going to make me freeze from the weird weather inside the forest's leafy cover, so I started walking in the opposite direction in which I was flying in

An hour had past and all that I had found were trees, snow, bushes, and more trees. All of a sudden I hear a loud, piercing howl, a wolves howl, followed by a stifled sound of someone running. Then it hit me. It wasn't someone running, it was a pack of wolves. Then I see them. They stop in their tracks as soon as they see me, I guess they probably haven't seen a human... I think to my self as I back away. As soon as I'm out of their sight and they are out of mine, I ran. In any direction, I could. I needed to find something soon, the more I endlessly ran, the more hope I lost. As I ran, I kept looking back, to check if they were following me, but then- I ran straight into a tree. The last thing I remember thinking before blacking out was, I'm an idiot. I think I might be lost...