Chapter 6 - The Secret Met The Feelings

As soon as I opened my eyes after the teleporting wave passes I can already see that this is actually quite serious. Kai plus crying is something you wouldn't see every day, actually, that was only the second time I ever saw it. I helped Nya up as she had fallen over and we both rushed over towards Kai, who was now on the floor.

 I helped Nya up as she had fallen over and we both rushed over towards Kai, who was now on the floor

"Kai, please say what's wrong..." Nya says kneeling beside her brother.

"Why can't I be normal...? Be like everyone else?" Kai whispers sadly.

"You are normal, Kai. You're your normal," I say trying to cheer him up a little.

"I... I just thought that maybe I would tell them my secret tomorrow, b-but... I'm not sure that I want to talk to them now..." Nya and I look at each other.

"Well, look Kai. Cole didn't mean it that way, I'm sure. I think he was just trying to find a comeback. But really, Kai, why don't you eat anything?" At the last bit, Nya started to tear up. Kai was silent.

"I... I just-I don't know! Honestly, I just feel that a person like me doesn't deserve to eat!" Kai blurts out, breaking into more tears after. Nya just looked at the ground.

"Of course you deserve to eat, Kai! You're a person, right?"

"Please! Kai just eat dinner, just this once!" Nya pleads through tears. Kai just looks away, in his own tears. Just as I was giving up on them, I had an idea. I whisper the idea to Nya, who after stopped crying.

"Hey, Kai?" I ask.

"Yeah...?" Kai answers.

"Y'know, if you don't eat soon, you'll die. You don't want to die, do you? Especially if it means leaving Nya, right?" I replied, as carefully as I could. Kai falls into his thoughts. He turns around.

"Ok, fine... I'll eat dinner - Just this once!" Kai could barely finish as Nya jumped on him with the biggest, happiest smile.

"Thank you, Kai!" She exclaims, in happy tears. As the siblings' hug, my phone rings. I pick up.

"Hey, Zane. Yup we're heading back now! See you in a minute," I put my phone away and signal Kai and Nya for them to get ready, as I was about to teleport us back to the monastery.