Chapter 8 - Angry But No Fire

Masha's POV

At first, the day was normal, I was at the monastery getting tips on training from first Cole then Jay, then having to decide which was better. This had been happening ever since my birthday as that was Cole's present to me, tips on training, then Jay overheard and put in his comment. Then the war started. As I said, the day was going great, everyone was training. Then I notice Nya.

"Hey, you ok?" I ask.

"Oh, umm... It's just that Kai promised he would eat but he barely ate a spoonful yesterday, now I'm just mad!" At the mention of Kai, Kai comes out of the living room.

"Morning sleepy head!" Jay jokes. All of a sudden it was as if an invisible, invisible... an invisible something hit Kai. He stood straight for a moment and then ran towards me.

"Void, now," Kai said. And at that, we were at the void.

"You ok, Kai?"

"No, no no no!" Kai sounded worried, stressed and most surprisingly, scared.

"Woah, chill. What happened?"

"M-Mathew, he..." Kai stuttered.

"Mathew?!" I knew exactly who Mathew was and Kai knew I knew who he was. In actual fact, everyone knew who he was, he was the most wanted criminal in Ninjago. But Kai, Nya, and I knew him differently. Mathew wasn't our everyday conversation, but we did talk about him sometimes. "Kai. What is this Mathew business?" I wasn't as worried about Mathew himself, as he was just a man who had gained the 'Dark Energy' elemental power because he's evil. I was more worried about his companion, Jack. Jack, was actually my best friend in kindergarten, (In my imagination), until one day when I was showing him my powers and I accidentally hit him with a 'Power Punch' and he absorbed some of my powers. After me hitting him, he got so mad we became enemies. Since then we have had many one vs one fights and battles and he always ends up retreating. The only way to stop this is, one, surrendering myself, my powers and Imaginia which I will never do! And two, killing him. But I won't do that, because I'm just like Lloyd when he has to fight his father, Garmadon. I still believe that Jack has some good left in him. Of course, I was also worried about Kai, he wouldn't hold up a minute around Mathew.

"I had a nightmare, he was talking to me, he said that he will see me soon..." Kai whispered.

"He's here, that means he's here! Oh no... He could be anywhere, anyone or even anything!"

"Exactly why I'm scared!" Cried, Kai. I knew this conversation had to go on, but Kai was definitely in no shape to talk about it, at least now he couldn't. So I changed the subject.

"Hey, yesterday you promised to eat, right? Nya said you didn't even eat a spoonful..." I guess Kai knew what I was doing with this and played along.

"I felt like something was wrong like it felt as if someone was staring at me throughout all of dinner. I knew that Nya checked on me once or twice while everyone was laughing at jokes, but... it really felt odd..." I gasp. "What?" Kai replies worriedly to my gasp.

"What if Mathew was invisible and in the room with you?"

"Maybe! He said in my nightmare he was 'checking on me' so maybe he stayed until dinner!" This conversation was actually getting really scary for me and Kai. For Kai, knowing that your enemy was watching you eat dinner, I'm pretty sure that's quite scary for anyone. And for me? Well at the moment, I had been in yet another argument with my little brother so I was grounded, which meant that I wouldn't be able to fight Mathew 'nor Jack this week. But as if I was going to tell Kai that! As I was about to start telling Kai we should head back, my phone rang.

"Hey Nya, what's up? What... We're coming right now!"

"What's wrong?" Asked Kai.

"They're getting attacked! We need to hurry back now!" As we teleport back we see no-one at the monastery, but when we look up, it's a real battle.