Chapter 22 - Reunion

Kai's POV

I couldn't stop smiling. Everything was going so good! It was perfect, Lloyd told me that he doesn't mind the Soulmate thing, I've been found and now I'm going to go back to everyone and it's going to all ok again. I couldn't tell what Lloyd was feeling about the whole situation though. All he did was every now and then turn around smile at me and say that we're almost out.

As we turned a corner I could see... people. There was a campfire that was surrounded by the chief, Nya, Jay, Cole, Zane, and a nurse, I'm guessing that was going to make sure if I was hurt or not. Zane looked in our direction, then he gasped a nindroidy gasp.

"Kai, Lloyd!" Then everyone looked in our direction, as we walk out of the dark shade of the forest. I look up at the sky, for once I could see it again. Then I was hug-attacked by Nya, she jumped onto me making me fall over onto the ground. Oof.

"KAI!!! OH MY GOSH, YOU'RE ALRIGHT!!! I WAS SO WORRIED UNTIL I SAW THAT LIGHT!!! OH ARE YOU HURT!?!?" Nya was yelling through her happy tears, and I didn't blame her. I was just as happy to see her as she was, although I couldn't quite find the right words to say.

"No, I'm not hurt, Nya I'm fine, just a bit cold still..." And that was the afternoon. We sat around the campfire talking, everyone telling me that they were so worried, and telling Lloyd that he should've answered them as they were worried for him too. As Lloyd was sitting opposite me, we both looked at each other for a second then continued in whatever conversation we were talking about.

Though soon enough, everyone was ready to go home on our dragons. I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to try it, still worried about the forest's magic. So Lloyd agreed to let me fly with him on his dragon since anyway, he wanted to talk about something.

"So, what did you wanna talk about...?" I say as I'm trying not to fall off Lloyd's dragon.

"Well... You know, the whole thing between you and me..."

"Ok, what about it?"

"Well, I was thinking maybe until we're both really ready for it, we should just stay friends...?" Something was off in Lloyd's voice as if he was trying not to upset me.

"Of course, Lloyd! If you want to do that, I don't mind, just can we not tell anyone about it...? I'm not quite sure if I want to yet..." Lloyd looks over his shoulder at me.

"I'll keep it a secret until you give me permission to tell," He smiled. And I smiled back. We still had a bit to fly, but we stayed in happy silence.

Maybe everything will be ok... I look around the dinner table. Maybe I just need to tell them everything, and then they will be able to help me... Masha had come over now and was asking me all these questions. I should be softer, shouldn't I? I should let more people in... Jay had done one of his impressions and everyone was laughing.

I should love more...