Chapter 17 - Lighted Line

Lloyd's POV

No! I refuse to believe it! I got my self up and searched around everywhere. Behind trees, in bushes, anywhere that was possible for Kai to be, but... I didn't find him 'nor any other traces of where he could be. It's. Completely. Hopeless. Tears streamed down my face and I could bearly breath. Where the footprints had ended before, they weren't even visible now, only the place where I had fallen beside them.

"It- It really is... hopeless..." I whisper. I let myself fall to the snowy floor and crawl into a small ball. Hopeless. The word echoed in my brain as if it were completely empty and the word could bounce around freely. The time on the timer is probably up already... I think to myself as I turn to lay on my back, my bag stopping my back from actually touching the ground, to look up at the pale white glow of the full moon, or at least what I could see of the moon. Most of it was covered up by branches and leaves. I wonder if- My thoughts were interrupted by a bright glow coming from my chest. What the...? An even brighter glow made me realise that there was a wavey bright-line leading and almost pulling me in its direction. My curiosity got the best of me and a scrambled to my feet to follow the light. Maybe it's leading me to Kai... No, I doubt that... I ran. It didn't matter anymore, whether I was careful or not. One of my best friends was now gone and we wouldn't even be able to say a proper goodbye. The light lead me around trees, behind bushes, and over some small ravens. As I followed the light, I guessed we must've been getting close to whatever it was leading me to as it got brighter and brighter after each obstacle. I ran and ran, though it seemed never-ending. Until... the light had connected with something else, and it was so bright, almost blinding. What is that- Then, of course, it came to me like a shooting star, fast and lucky. KAI!