Chapter 20 - They're Alright!

Nya's POV

All I had been doing after I realised what Zane hadn't told me, was cry. Cry, cry, and cry. Jay calmed me down a lot but it wasn't enough to make me stop worrying as much as I was. I didn't know who I cared for more in the current situation. 'Cause if Jay wasn't here, I would still be hysterically crying. Of course, I was worried about Lloyd as he hadn't replied to us at all. And no kidding I was worried for Kai, he'd always been there for me, he's my brother! He would help me even if I said no, 'cause he just knew that if he didn't help me, I would give up in the end. He helped me get over friends that ditched me, he helped me get out of deep dark holes I had fallen into, like the one time I truly believe I was overweight and shouldn't eat at all. But of course, he always denied being upset himself, he didn't let me help him out of any of his dark holes he'd fallen into, but even so, he always thanked me for being there for him, whereas I hardly remembered to say thank you whenever he helped me. Not because I'm rude, or don't know my manners just he's done it so many times, I just forget! Plus whenever I do remember to say thank you to him, he always says,

"Oh, Nya... There's no need to say thank you. I'll always be here for you!" Just as I remember his voice I break down again. Who's going to tell me that every time now? Who's gonna act like a big brother to me? WHO IS GOING TO BE MY BIG BROTHER?!

"Oh, Jay... what's going to happen now...?" I say shakily through my tears.

"Nya, I... I don't know..." Another thing Kai said, he always replied to that question the same way,

"I may not know what will happen after this, but there's one thing for sure, we'll be together when it happens!" Now it didn't matter who said it. Either way, it wasn't true.

"I want Kai!" I say, to no-one but myself, even though everyone could hear it. "Please..." I wanted Kai to tell me everything was okay as long as he was there. I wanted him to be here so I could break down and he could comfort me. I wanted him to hug me and for him to sing me the song he always sang to me when I was upset. I wanted him. I needed him. The song he sang to me was unbelievable. He had practised it so many times in his room before we became ninjas when he thought no-one was listening. His voice plus the guitar melody he played sounds magical. I fell asleep to it usually, and in the morning, I would have no clue what happened. All I knew was that, somehow, everything was better now.

But with no-one here to sing me the song, with no-one here who knew how to play the guitar, with no-one here who could say Kai's quotes like him, I felt all alone, lost, scared, cold, and stuck in the shadows.

But then... a bright light shone, scaring the dark shadows away, and stopping my tears. Wait... that light... it, it looks familiar... And it really did.

"Woah, what the heck was that!?" Jay yells looking towards Zane, who looked frozen.

"That was something awfully strange! It, it isn't something that I'm programmed to know..." But just as Zane said that I remember why the light looked familiar. I start crying.

"Nya? Woah, what's wrong?" But this time, they were happy tears.

"Lloyd and Kai!" I say still crying more tears.

"What about them...?" Cole says across from Jay. I sit up and take a deep breath, then look across everyone sitting nearby.

"They're Alright!" I yell. Everyone either gasped, looked shocked, surprised, or confused. "I know that! It happened ages ago too! Oh my gosh! They're ok!" I couldn't even explain to anyone how I knew that for sure. All I could do was reassure everyone that they were ok. Now, all we had to do was wait for them.