Chapter 12 - Did He...?

Lloyd's POV

I was the first to go in as Jay didn't let Nya go, he was protecting her, and anyway, I wanted to go first. Something about finding Kai made me feel better inside... It's as if I, I'm connected to him. I don't wanna sound cheesy but that's really the only way I can explain it! But anyway, as soon as I walked into the forest, I understood why Kai could freeze. But that only made me more worried that I wanted to be. Oh gosh... It's so cold and I'm wearing a hiking outfit! I wonder how Kai has held up against this, he definitely wasn't wearing anything warm... As more people start coming in we start splitting up more, walking in every direction possible and leaving many marks around as possible. And how we fought against the monsters and animals that live in the forest? Well, since it's always night in the forest, every creature in there is scared of light, and of course, we all had lanterns. When we had split up so much I realised I should start calling Kai's name, maybe he would be injured and won't be able to run-up to the light if he saw it? I shiver. Not from the cold, but from the waves of horrible, freezing worry. There were so many things that could've happened to Kai... I shook it all off, Better start calling his name, I guess... I probably won't have much luck though... I sigh deeply, I wish I knew why he was so angry at Nya and ran off like that.

"Kai!? Kai!? Can you hear me!? Where are you!?" I wait a few seconds, walking around, looking in between trees and making sure not to fall into a raven that was nearby. "Kai?! Kai-" I stopped. Something had caught my eye by the edge of the raven, I walk up to it, careful not to slip in. I gasp. Kai's glove! He must have- The thought dawned on me. Did.... Did he...? My eyes started stinging but I shook it off. "Kai?! Are you, a-are you down there?!" No answer. I sigh shakily. But then something else caught my eye. Footprints. And they definitely weren't mine as they were faced away from the raven. Maybe someone else has already been here? No, then they would've seen Kai's glove or left a marker. So I decided to follow the footprints before they disappeared completely from the slow snowfall. I left a marker and carefully started following beside the footprints.