Ganja'd - Pope

Prompts: 65 & 76
——————
Pope has just lost his merit scholarship. After how long he's talked about it, after how long he's chased it... It's gone. Because he cared more about his friends than his future. It's insane to me. That was his way out. His way out of The Cut. He wouldn't have to end up like us.

"Here ya go, Pope, 'ol boy. Try it out." JJ said, trying to hang Pope a blunt. "JJ!" I said incredulously. "You know Pope doesn't smoke." Kie sighed. "Give it to me." Pope said, shocking us all. "Pope... Baby, you don't have to. Don't let JJ talk you into something you don't wanna do." I said gently. "It's fine." Pope said again. We nodded and allowed JJ to teach Pope to smoke.

About an hour later Pope was absolutely zonked. "Pope... You didn't have to do that much." I sighed. He giggled. "But it was fun! Do some with me?" He asked. "Pope Hayward." I said sternly. "I am not smoking weed with you."

I made Pope stop driving eventually so I could take the wheel. "JJ, stop giving him weed!" I yelled back. "(Y/n), I'm okay." Pope said with an annoyed tone. "Don't you take that tone with me, mister. I'm saving you from a lifetime of hurt tomorrow." I snapped.

After John B and Sarah has escaped, we headed back to John B's to hide out for the night. Pope squeezed my body tightly on John B's pullout, as if I wouldn't be there forever. "Pope... Are you okay, baby?" I asked gently. "Y-Yes." He said. He was getting anxious. Everyone's first stages. "It's alright, babe. We're good. Don't worry." I laughed lightly.

He started to cry. "Aw, jeez." JJ said from the loveseat. "Baby... Baby calm down." I said. "B-But my future... It's ruined! I'm ruined!" He was yelling. "Baby... Don't worry. I've got something planned but it's gonna have to wait 'till you're sober." I smiled. "P-Promise?" He asked. "Promise."