Request - Rafe

Being Sarah Cameron's best friend was no easy feat. She was absolutely stunning and you felt... I don't know, average? Less than? It depended on the day. What you did know for sure is that Rafe Cameron was just about the finest male you've ever seen.

"(Y/n), come on, Rafe and Topper want us to go golfing with them." Sarah grimaced. My face contorted into one of uncertainty. "I don't know Sarah... I don't really feel-" I tried, but Sarah wasn't hearing it. "You're coming! That's final!" She laughed, dragging me out of my room to where Rafe and Topper were waiting outside. Topper was in the backseat while Rafe drove, likely so Top could sit with Sarah. I huffed and got into the passenger side, buckling my seatbelt.

"Looks like someone's not a morning person." Rafe chuckled. "Shut up. I woke up like an hour ago. I barely finished my makeup before she barged into my room." I seethed. Sarah giggled lightly in the backseat causing me to smile.

When we got to the golf course, Sarah and Topper immediately ditched Rafe and I, leaving me alone with my long-time crush. Fuck.

"You want a try?" Rafe asked, holding the club out to me. "Oh, no thank you." I said politely. That's when the a Pogue walked up the lawn, clearly with groceries in his hand. It was Pope! "Hey, Pope!" I grinned, waving to him from my spot. I knew if I had gone over to hug him Rafe would have a field day.

He smiled back. "Hi, (y/n)!" Pope replied. Rafe glared and moved to me, wrapping an arm around my waist. I glanced at him briefly. Why was he doing this? Rafe was clearly about to go do something to Pope, and I held a hand to his chest. "Calm down, Rafe." I whispered, allowing Pope enough time to make it inside the country club.

He nodded briskly and continued putting, ignoring me the rest of the time. By the time night fell, I had had enough. "Rafe! What the hell, dude?" I asked harshly. He just looked at me, loading his stuff onto the golf cart.

"What did I do?" I asked, hurt. He walked over to me and got in my face. "You like Pogues, (y/n). Why?" He asked. I was confused for a moment, until I realized... Was Rafe jealous of Pope?

"Because they're people, Rafe. You can't judge people based on how much money they have." I sighed. "Why do you have such a good soul? I just don't understand how you do it." Rafe huffed, running a hand over his face. "Well... I just try to see the good in everyone." I smiled, taking his hand and holding it in mine. Me and Rafe locked eyes and he smirked. "Kiss me." He said. My eyebrows shot up and I smiled. "Your wish is my command."

@marissalaugh