Request - JJ

"J, c'mere a sec please." I said, running my hands through my hair in frustration. JJ jogged over and nodded. "What is it?" He asked. "I know it's stupid and you probably don't have time for this but... I can't get my necklace clasped because it's too short. I can't see it. Can you help me?" I asked, holding it out to him. He laughed. "I always have time for you, (y/n). Sure." He said, clasping the necklace.

I had made the puka shell necklace a couple days ago and had finally finished and was excited to put it on. Unknown to the rest of the group I had made all of them one too, but I was going to surprise them later right before Midsummers. Mine was pink, Kie's was orange, JJ's was black, John B's was blue and Pope's green.

We surfed for a little bit and then we headed back to the chateau to get our stuff and head our separate ways to get ready for Midsummers. John B was going at Kie's "date" and JJ was mine. Pope would already be there because his Dad was working the event.

At the chateau I went to my bag and pulled out the necklaces. "Now, seeing as though I love you guys more than anything, these are for you." I smiled. They cheered. "These are so cute, thank you, (y/n)!" Kie exclaimed, hugging me. I giggled and hugged her tightly. "Of course!"

I handed them out and everyone loved their respective colors. Me and Kie helped everyone get theirs on and eventually we all had a puka shell necklace!

"Thanks, (y/n)! This is dope." Pope smiled. "Yeah, thanks (y/n) mine is really cool." John B added. Suddenly someone hugged me from behind, shocking me, until I realized it was JJ. "It's really nice, hot stuff. Thank you." He whispered, causing me to blush at the nickname. "Anything for you."

That night at Midsummers, JJ walked me in and I introduced him to my Kook parents along with the rest of my friends. They've met Kie, but not the Pogues. It's not that I'm embarrassed of them, my parents are just weird about Pogues, which is weird to me because they grew up in The Cut.

JJ held my hand and gave it a squeeze as we approached them. "Mom, Dad... These are my friends. And you can like them or not like them, but it's not going to stop me from being friends with them. These people are family to me. I love them." I said sincerely. They looked at each other and nodded, pulling us all into a hug. "Anyone loved by our daughter is loved by us." My Mom said.

"Now who are these lovely kids?" She asked. "John Booker Rutledge, ma'am. John B if you will." John B said respectfully, shaking their hands. "I'm Pope Hayward." Pope said, shaking their hands as well. "And I'm JJ Maybank." JJ said, shaking their hands as well. "Well, JJ Maybank... Do you like my daughter?" My Dad asked. "Love her, sir." JJ corrected. Dad nodded. "Take care of her please." He asked. "Always." JJ replied.

Later that night, commotion started. JJ was being dragged out. "Stop! You can't just boot him!" Kie yelled. "I am a member of this club and that is my date!" I yelled. The security guard looked to my Father and he nodded, releasing JJ. He walked up to me and hugged me. "I love you, (y/n). I am completely and utterly in love with you and I guess it only took Rafe calling you hot for me to realize it."

I was shocked to say the least. "I love you too, J. So much." I whispered, pulling him into a deep kiss. "Ahem." We heard, turning to see my Dad. I blushed, hiding behind JJ. "Take care of my baby." My Dad said, clasping a hand to JJ's shoulder before walking off.

"Aren't you going to ask me why I got into a fight?" JJ asked as I cleaned him up in my room. "Maybe you're just... I don't know... Stupid?" I asked, jokingly. JJ chuckled. "No, no. Well, yes, but no." He said. "Rafe was talking about you. He was talking about how he'd fuck you senseless, and make you feel better than you ever have with me and I don't know... It just finally dawned on me, or I finally accepted the fact... That I'm in love with you."

@theresa_grace