Tell Me Pretty Lies - Rafe/John B

Prompts: 5
———————
I walked into the Cameron household to see my boyfriend's sister, Sarah. "Hey Sarah! Have you seen Rafe? He wasn't answering and we had plans today." I frowned. "Oh... (Y/n)... He's in his room, but-"

I ignored the end and hurried up to his room, Sarah close behind. "Rafe?" I choked out, seeing him, naked, in bed, with another girl. "(Y/n)! Get off of me!" He yelled to the girl, watching me storm out. "(Y/n)... I honestly don't know how long it's been going on. I just heard noises earlier and when I didn't see your car I got suspicious but I didn't want to say anything until I was sure." Sarah said, hugging me tightly. "I-It's okay. I'm fine, I'm okay." I muttered.

I got in my car and drove off. My destination? John B's. My best friend. Rafe always hated him, but I didn't care. Maybe that's why he cheated on me. Maybe it's cause of the Pogues. Maybe it was revenge for being their friend. Maybe I was just... Never good enough.

I pulled up to John B's and got out, tears streaming down my cheeks. "(Y/n)?" Pope called out, being the first to notice me. Then he noticed the tears. "Holy shit! John B, JJ, Kie!" He yelled, pulling me into a tight hug where I continued to sob. The rest of my friend came from the house and John B and JJ were the first to ask questions. JJ ripped me away from Pope and crouched down in front of me. "Who the fuck was it? Was it that fuckface Rafe? Cause me and Pope and John B, we'll fuck him up (y/n)." JJ said.

I weakly nodded. JJ stormed off, swearing and throwing things. "Piece of shit!" He yelled. John B held me into his side and sighed. "What happened, (y/n)?" He asked. "He-He ch-cheated on me." I whispered. I felt John B tense, but he didn't dare let go. He knew I needed him right now, and that Rafe could wait.

"Let me go talk to JJ, go on inside with Kie and eat something, okay?" John B said, moving my hair from my face and kissing my forehead. "Okay." I replied, taking Kie's hand and walking into the chateau.

I saw John B, JJ and Pope talking outside and everyone's face looked livid. "I didn't mean to make you guys mad." I said, going outside to talk to them. "What? No, no, (y/n), it's not you, hot stuff." JJ assured me. "It's Rafe. I wanna pound his wack-ass Kook face in." JJ seethed. "No, please. Just be here with me tonight." I asked quietly. My heart ached, and I needed my boys tonight. "Of course, (y/n). Anything." John B said.

That night after a few movies, Pope, JJ and Kie were knocked out on the pullout but me and John B were still awake. "You can take my bed tonight (y/n)." John B yawned. "Just stay with me. It's okay." I replied, equally as tired. He nodded and we went to his room.

I changed silently, but I felt John B's eyes on me. "Like what you see?" I teased. He coughed. "Uh, no- I mean, well, yes, but-" He stuttered. I laughed quietly. "I was joking, JB." I smiled.

I got into bed next to John B and laid my head on his chest. "Am I ugly, John B?" I asked. "What? No." He said. "Am I annoying?" I asked. "No, of course not (y/n)." He replied. "Do you think... Do you think I deserved it? Am I just not good enough?" I asked finally. He looked down at me... And kissed me. "No." He said. I blushed and nodded. "I love you, John B. And it's not just because my heart's broken. I love you, John Booker Rutledge."