Cheater Cheater - Pt 2

And so, I walked home. Home to my empty place. Where I'd have to be alone. Again. Since, you know, John B wasn't there with me anymore. Apparently it's because he was with Sarah Cameron! Yeah. I'm sure you can sense my enthusiasm.

I flopped onto my bed, crying gently. It hurt. It really did. I loved him and he abandoned me and now the friend group is never gonna be the same. If he does go Full Kook, anyway.

Suddenly, I heard a knock at the door. I ignored it, continuing to press my face into my pillows. "Open the door, (y/n)!" I heard the familiar voice of JJ yell. "No!" I yelled back. "Goddamnit (y/n) open the door or I swear to god I'll break it down!" He yelled, slamming his hand against it. I sighed and got up, walking to the door and opening it.

"Hey hot stuff." JJ smiled, pulling me into a hug. I relaxed into my best friends touch, slowly losing my tenseness. "Hi, J." I said. I brought him inside and into my room where we both laid on the bed. "How you holding up?" He asked. "I... Am." I whispered back. He nodded, pulling me into his side. I snuggled into his chest, savoring the warm embrace.

"(Y/n).... I know this is the worst possible time to tell you. But I love you. I've been in love with you since I met you. And when you started dating John B I guess I flirted with Kie to get back at you but I didn't mean it. Damnit I-" I cut him off by placing a soft kiss to his lips. "Relax, J." I smiled. "You can breathe, yanno." I said.

JJ let out a deep breath and smiled at me. "I was so sure you'd never like me, y'know. You always flirted with John B and never responded to my flirting attempts, I guess. I just, what I'm trying to say is... Will you be my girl?" JJ asked sheepishly. I giggled and pecked his lips. "Of course, J." I said.

That night made me realize a whole lot of things. Maybe I was rushing into things with JJ, but that's my business. I do love him, and while getting over John B may be awkward, it didn't make me love JJ any less. I guess it just took him admitting his feelings for me to realize my emotions were absolutely fucked up.

—————
A/n: A shorter part 2! I'm so sorry I haven't been updating as much anymore, volleyball practice just started again and it's got my life going hectic. More chapters to come soon!🤍