sick - JJ maybank

MY HEAD THROBBED as I turned over in bed. A rough cough racked through my body causing me to groan. Definitely sick. Who would've thought i'd be sick in the middle of summer, not me. The sun peeked through my blinds shining on my messy bed. I must've been tossing and turning all night because it was a mess to say the least.

My dad the only person I lived with left on a fishing trip two day's ago leaving me alone and sick. Perfect. The sound of loud steps on my patio erupts through the house. Shit somebody's here and I can't even bring myself to get out of bed.

Three knocks are heard and I instantly know who it is, JJ my boyfriend. "Come in!" I croak out through the small house, I was sure he heard me.

My question was answered when the sound of the door swinging open could be heard. "Somebody sounds sick," he laughs.

I roll my eyes waiting for him to appear in my door frame, when he does my heart swells. He was perfect. Messy blonde hair sat on top of head and his muscular arms showed out of his grey muscle t-shirt. A classic JJ attire.

His blue eyes study me. He frowns "You don't look very good."  He makes his way towards my bed sitting beside me.

"Thanks," I laugh

"You know what I mean."

"Mhm," I mumble as he brushes hair out of my face.

"I'll go get you food," he stands up abruptly making his way into the kitchen across from my room. My house wasn't big. Living in the cut most houses here were small.

A few minutes later he appears with a bowl of what looks like soup. I sit up as he places it on my lap.

"JJ you didn't have to," I mumble taking the spoon from him.

"I know I just wanted to treat you," He smiles cheekily jumping into bed beside me.

I take a mouthful smiling as the flavors erupt in my mouth. "Wow you're a good cook"

"What can I say," He shrugs cockily causing me to laugh, my laugh soon turns into a cough and me gasping for air.

"Oh shit are you okay?" he grabs the soup from my lap moving it out of the way.

Once I finish coughing he hands me the bowl back, "Yeah sorry," I smile at him taking another bite of the soup.

"Are you hot?" He questions going to open the windows.

"No I'm alright,"

he nods laying back down on my bed. I finish the soup and put the empty bowl on my bedside table.

"Is there anything else I can do for you?" He mumbles watching me carefully.

"JJ you've done so much, just cuddle me." I smile.

He pulls onto his chest playing my hair slowly. "I just wanna give you everything in the world, even if I don't have the money," he whispers.

My heart swells, "You give me so much, your self is enough for me."

I feel him sigh underneath me "I know but-"

"No buts you're perfect and I wouldn't trade you for the world." I look up at him. He's already looking down at me with a small smile playing on his lip.

"I love you," his blue eyes glisten in the small amount of sunlight seeping through the blinds.

"I love you to." I smile reaching up for his messy blonde hair.

"I want to make you laugh but I don't want you to cough again." He frowns softening under my touch.

I smile at him as he smiles back. The birds could be heard chirping outside and the calm feeling of JJs hand in my hair was almost putting me to sleep.

"Can I kiss you?" he mumbles curiously

"No, I don't want you to get sick," I shake my head drawing shapes on his bare arm.

"I don't care if I get sick." He shrugs

"I know you don't but I do," I smile softly "Don't you want to spend the rest of the summer outside with the rest of the pogues?"

He shifts underneath me "I wouldn't mind spending the rest of summer here with you, away from all of the problems," he speaks softly playing with my long brown hair.

"I know," I whisper before I feel my eyelids grow heavy.