mine - rafe

SARAH MY best friend was sat in-front of my full body mirror, applying her makeup as I slipped on my outfit for the party "Sarah hurry up you've been doing your makeup for like two hours," I sighed, sitting at the edge of my bed as I waited, my ey...

SARAH MY best friend was sat in-front of my full body mirror, applying her makeup as I slipped on my outfit for the party "Sarah hurry up you've been doing your makeup for like two hours," I sighed, sitting at the edge of my bed as I waited, my eyes meeting her blue eyes in the mirror. She rolled her eyes as she applied a coat of mascara "Calm down sheesh, John B's going to be there and I wanna look good okay," She argues, twisting the mascara cap closed.

My eyebrows rose in surprise at the mention of the pogue boy living in the cut "You're really serious about this huh," I teased as I slipped my black and white converse on. Her eyes meeting mine for the second time in the mirror as she shot me a glare "Y/n," She warned, dusting her bronzer on as she focused intently. "I mean toppers fully in love with you, don't you think it's a bit harsh?" I sighed smoothing my hair down as I watched myself in the mirror. "I don't want to talk about it okay," she sighed as she rolled her eyes at me "what about your love life," she asked, searching in her makeup bag for whatever it was she was looking for.

I sighed at the change of subject, my love life wasn't exciting at all, I had no one of interest "It's as dry as a desert," I deadpanned as I watched her apply her lipgloss as she watched her reflection carefully. Her eyes flicked up to meet mine as she looked back down at her lips, she was hinting at something. "What?" I ask confused as she closes her lipgloss, turning to me and pulling the wand back out, applying a coat to my lips. "What about rafe?" She questions as she pulls away, throwing the lipgloss into her bag and closing it. I roll my eyes at the sound of his name "He annoys the crap out of me, there's no way," I voice my thoughts, standing up from my sitting position as I pick up my keys from my bedside table. "I don't know, I feel like there's something between you guys," She shrugs following me as we make our way downstairs. Leaving my room a mess from us picking and choosing our outfits for the party "Well there's nothing going on between us, I can assure you." I speak back as I open the door to my black jeep, thanks dad.

"you know I wouldn't mind if you guys did have a thing, we're not close anyway," She reasons as I pull out of the driveway, driving in the direction of the party. I groan at her words "Sarah, nothing is going on between Rafe and I, and id like to keep it that way okay, whether he's your brother or not he's a dick." I conclude, taking my eyes off of the road to look at her for a split second, she sinks in her seat slightly at my words "Okay whatever," she sighs "But you are hooking up with someone tonight, Rafe or not you need to loosen up it's like someone has stuck a stick up your ass," She adds causing me to laugh at her words, I roll my eyes playfully "Whatever you say," I speak as I pull over on the side of the ride a few houses down from the party already in full swing.

We pile out of the car as we walk towards the party, the music already filling our ears. Sarah pushes the door open as we step inside, the smell of weed instantly filling my nostrils, I scrunch my nose up at the skunk-like smell.

Sarah turns to me as she sends me a guilty look, I knew that look from anywhere and to say I wasn't surprised by the least, "Look I'm sorry for ditching you but at least now you have a chance to find a hook-up, right," She smiles gingerly as I roll my eyes at her "It's okay just go find your lover boy, not that I support you cheating on your boyfriend though," I speak back, raising my voice slightly so it can be heard over the loud music, it was her turn to roll her eyes at me as she turned around, disappearing into the sea of people as I let out a small sigh. It was time to get fucked up.

I poured myself a drink, a concoction of vodka and orange juice. I brung the cup to my lips as I took a swig, it was a little strong for my taste but it would have to do. I wasn't planning on getting too drunk tonight since I was planning to drive myself home and I wasn't really a fan of hangovers but I was definantly looking for a buzz to boost my confidence.

My eyes settle on a boy, most likely a tourist since I'd never seen him around before. I walk up to him tapping his shoulder as he turns around, a small smile playing on the edge of his plump lips "Hey," I call over the music as I take another sip out of my cup, waiting for the familiar buzz to kick in "What's up," The blonde boy calls over the music, "I haven't seen you around here before," I state placing my hand on his shoulder for a split second in attempt to flirt, it works as he blushes slightly, his already sun-burnt cheeks reddening more "Yeah I'm here on vacation from Florida," he answers, his brown eyes sliding down my body as he checks me out, my confidence only boosting more. "Florida, cool," I nod as I open my mouth to speak again, im interrupted when a tall figure stands beside me, I look up to see Rafe, his yellow polo-shirt clung tightly to his toned torso as he nods at the guy from across me "Dude I wouldn't try this girl," He points to me "crazy," he finishes, the blonde guy stands back, his eyes widening slightly as he turns and walks away, my mood instantly leaving with him.

"Are you kidding me rafe," I groan, rolling my eyes at the boy standing beside me, he chuckles as he takes a drink from his cup "What? Just a bit of fun," He shrugs, I scoff at him as I walk away, making my way towards the backyard.

Rafe follows behind me as I step outside, the music quietening slightly and the air becoming more breathable with the small amount of people scattered around the lawn. "What's up with you, got a stick up your ass?" He questions as he chuckles slightly, I shake my head angrily at him as I take a step forward "you're such a jerk," I speak as I watch his face contort into annoyance he scoffs as he looks away shaking his head at my words "you're the one who tried to hook-up with a guy you barely knew like five seconds ago," He accuses, his jaw clenching

"Wow, so you think I'm a slut," I deadpan, hurt prominent in my words. His face falls as my words finally register "What? No y/n I never said that," He argues, his blue eyes searching my face wildly "do you though? do you think I'm a slut?" I ask, tears brimming my eyes. I quickly turn away blinking the tears away as I turn back, "No," He speaks "No I don't think you're a slut," He justifies, his voice soft as he speaks, his eyes watching my every move "Then what do you think I am?" I push, curious as to see what he really thinks of me since he's always teasing me or arguing with me, what does Rafe Cameron really think about me "I think you're a beautiful girl who," He trails off for a second as he searches for the right words "who has a kind heart, who never fails to make anyone laugh and a girl who has the prettiest smile ever and I-," his voice cracks slightly "I have feelings for you, god I've liked you ever since you became friends with Sarah and I know I've been a dick but I know you'd never like me back so-" It was my turn to cut him off as I pulled him down, wrapping my arms around his neck as I pressed my lips against his, the kiss was hungry as he instantly kissed back, his arms reaching up to cup my cheek as he shoved his tongue into my mouth, fighting for dominance. I was left breathing heavily as we pulled away, watching each other carefully as we didn't know what to do next.

"Be mine," He mumbled "Please," He added his lips slightly swollen from the previous kiss, I didn't have to reply as I was pulling him back down to meet my lips, smiling against him as he kissed back.