love triangle - topper

WE HAD just finished our surf session, the Pogues and I were friends even though I was a kook, we all got along and they have been my best friends since as long as I can remember

WE HAD just finished our surf session, the Pogues and I were friends even though I was a kook, we all got along and they have been my best friends since as long as I can remember. "race you back to the car!" JJ exclaimed shoving me and sprinting up the sand to the van. I ran after him, hot on his heels as I laughed, he looked back at me smiling brightly as his blonde hair stuck to his head from being wet, his eyes were shining brightly as his smile was  stretched across his face from ear to ear. It made me smile just as big, seeing him so happy and free.

We reached the van, the others following closely behind they all secured their surfboards to the top, getting into the van. I stayed standing, still holding my surfboard JJ's eyebrows furrowed as he waited for me to follow "aren't you coming?" he questioned moving so there was enough space for me to sit beside him. I shook my head "Toppers picking me up." I shrugged sadly, JJ looked disappointed, nodding and breaking our eye contact. Just on time Toppers jeep drove around the corner, parking next to the van, the others gave me a quick waved seeing it as their cue to leave, they pulled away, JJ closing the door in-front of me sending me an awkward smile.

Topper had gotten out of the car to stand beside me as we both watched the van disappear around the corner, I sighed turning to my boyfriend shooting him a soft smile. "How was your day?" He questioned wrapping his arms around my waist and landing a quick peck on my lips. "It was fun," I smiled answering truthfully as I buried my head into his shoulder "you're warm," I spoke snuggling into him in attempt to warm my cool body up. He pulled away frowning as we walked to the back seat of his car opening the door and pulling out a blue hoodie. He stood back in-front of me "hands up." He spoke as I obliged putting my hands up and smiling goofily up at him, knowing what he was doing. He smiled cutely down at me pulling the warm hoodie over my head. The hoodie smelt like him as I snuggled into it happily. He took my surf board from me strapping it onto the top of his car and opened the passengers door for me. "Why thank you," I thanked him in a posh accent stepping into the warm car. "you are truly welcome," he spoke back in the same posh accent grinning at me as he shut the door behind me.

We had pulled out of the beach, his right hand rested on my thigh. "The Pogues are hosting a kegger tonight," he spoke smoothly as if he was being careful with his words, his jaw ticked slightly.

I watched his side profile as his eyes didn't leave the road. Topper had never liked the Pogues but we had made an agreement that he would be civil with them since I was friends with them. "Yeah they told me about that," I answered back leaning back on the cool leather seat. He squeezed my thigh turning to look at me for a split second before turning back "did you wanna go?" he questioned curiously, his eyes trained on the road as we waited for my response. I nodded "Yeah, it seems like it would be fun," I answered. He just nodded rubbing my thigh comfortingly as we pulled into his driveway.

Since it was already five in the afternoon I had already started to get ready, getting dressed into my jean shorts and a crop top. I came out of the bathroom to see Topper had changed into a white and blue button up. I smiled at him as I went to sit on the edge of his bed pulling my white sneakers on and tying them.

He stood in-front of me as he watched me sit up, I looked up at him as he smiled down at me. He leaned down planting a chaste kiss against my lips, he pushed his lips against mine roughly pushing me so my back was on the bed, he climbed on top of me as he pushed his tongue into my mouth, it was becoming heated quickly. He slowly pulled back his eyes dark with lust as he leaned down kissing down my neck. I let out a breathy moan as I placed my hands against his chest pushing him slightly off of me. "We have to go," I laughed as he threw his head back with a groan.

We had arrived at the boneyard - where they were hosting the kegger - the keg was in the middle of the clearing where John B and JJ were filling red solo cups and handing them to the party goers. I dragged Topper with me standing in-front of JJ and John B, JJs head whipped up as he shot me a smile "hey y/n!" he handed me my cup before his eyes slowly drifted to Topper. "Hey," I smiled back at him. His nodded his head at topper as he passed him his cup. An awkward silence filled the air as I cleared my throat "well I'll talk to you later," I smile at him waving and dragging Topper with me, away from the keg.

"I'll be one sec Im just gonna go talk to Kelce," he nodded motioning to his best friend on the other side of the beach. I nodded as he leaned down pressing a quick peck to my lips. He walked away leaving me by myself. I sighed until a familiar blonde headed boy appeared infront of me "well I guess i'll be seeing you sooner then later,"I laughed up at him as he nodded smiling. He searched my face silently as he let out a deep breath "look y/n-" he cut himself off looking around for someone or something, his eyes landed on the someone when he looked back down at me "I can't hide it any more, I've liked you for a while and I just-" he trailed off as I shook my head in disbelief "JJ-" I started but I was cut off by Topper stepping infront of me and getting in-between him and I "what did you just say to my girlfriend?" he questioned, his back had straightened as he stood taller then JJ looking down at him. JJ took a step back "woah man-" before JJ could finish his sentence Toppers fist flew forward, hitting JJ across the face. I quickly stepped forward gasping "Topper!" I yelled at him, he ignored me throwing another punch as JJ dodged throwing a punch at my boyfriend. I tried stepping in-between them but I was pulled back by Kelce "stay out of this y/n," he spoke holding me back away from the fight scene.

JJ fell back at toppers punch as he got on top of him, throwing punch after punch "Topper stop!" I cried trying to push past kelces arm keeping me in place. "You're hurting him!" I yelled, JJ attempted to push him off but failed as Topper stood his ground.

Eventually John B ran up pulling Topper off of him and grabbing JJ. I ran past Kelce towards Topper as he spat blood out of his mouth onto the sand "why would you do that?" I cried shaking my head at him as I held his hand running my thumb over his torn knuckles. "He tried stealing you from me," he spoke in an almost duh tone watching JJ from a distance. I let out a sob as I stepped away from him "He wasn't trying to steal me from you," I argued, Topper only scoffed shaking his head at me in disbelief. "Yes he was y/n god are you that stupid? The kid has been in love with you forever." I paused at his words shaking my head as tears fell. I loved Topper but JJ was my friend and I didn't want to lose either of them. "thats not true," at this point I was trying to convince myself that it wasn't true. Most of the party had dispersed after the fight leaving only a few stray people to walk around the beach.

"are you okay?" Topper questioned stepping forward to close the space in-between us, I just shook my head as he wrapped his arms around me, I clung to his shirt as I let out a sob "I don't want to lose either of you guys," I spoke between sobs as I breathed in shakily. His arms tightened around me as he placed his chin on top of my head "I know you don't baby," he rubbed my back soothingly "I know you don't" he repeated.